macOS problems with new update? [1.13.0] [May 19 2021] [SOLVED]

also suddenly can’t log into ZWIFT. Keeps telling me I am logged in but can’t find any rides. It is not an internet issue as all my other internet applications are working. Very annoying. Please help!!

Hi Lindsay. I re-installed and still not working. Ive now wasted >hour trying to resolve this to no end! It keeps on saying “Logged in but can’t find any rides” and then kicks me out. All my other internet applications are working. very frustrating.

I have a one year old MacBook just upgraded to Big Sur. I cannot get the launcher to accept my login. I know I have the email/password right because I can log in to the launcher on my iPhone and iPad (and just logged in to this forum on my phone while the forum login didn’t work on the MacBook).

I have followed the instructions up thread meticulously re: deleting/reinstalling but there has been no change after several attempts. I just reinstalled a few minutes ago and the GetInfo tells me I have version 1.0 of Zwift.app—this was using the download link from the site today; the About Zwift drop down says launcher version 1.0.25 and there is no number beside game version.

I can’t even get to the Let’s Go screen to see if I have the same issues with it crashing that so many others are describing! Help?

ETA: the error message I get when trying to login is “invalid username or password”. I’ve tried the “forgot password” option several times but never get an email. I tried setting up a new account using the same email and it tells me an account with that email already exists.

All - those of you reporting that:

1. You are able to log in on your iPhone / iPad but not your Mac laptop
  2. You can log in but you can’t pair your trainer / sensor

These are symptoms of being logged in to your account on multiple devices simultaneously. On mobile OS’es: swiping Zwift into the background does not terminate the session on the Zwift server where it counts.

Please end the session on your mobile devices by saving & exiting the Zwift app (or trashcanning and exiting).

Allow 2 minutes for the server to purge these sessions before logging in on your laptop.

1 Like

Resolved!! :smiley:

1 Like

@Sandra_Smith_ATC-BC

Was it the concurrent logins on different devices? Did saving & exiting on all the other devices to the trick?

Can’t pair trainer after Mac update - now getting “bluetooth receiver turned off” message - but it is not turned off. Deleted Zwift and reloaded latest version. Updated Mac Book Air (again). Did everything as instructed when you try and email Zwift : Reset PRAM, turned bluetooth off and on again, “removing potentially corrupt files”, reset bluetooth module. Still not working and getting “bluetooth receiver turned off” message. It is winter now in New Zealand - I need Zwift working. The “patch” mentioned in thread above : do you get that automatically when you delete Zwift and load the latest version? (which I have done) - what do I do now??

Early on, about 3 years ago, my bluetooth just decided to stop working out of nowhere. tried a lot of different stuff and then just made the jump to ANT+ and have never looked back. Ironically, I recently misplaced my ANT connector and tried bluetooth out of desperation and it worked. One thing I’ve learned is that BT can only connect so many devices simultaneously. Try connecting one device at a time (also taking speakers, etc into account).

Hi Greg - took your advise and gave up on bluetooth and Zwift “fixes” and purchased a Tacx ANT+ Antenna ($99 NZ :sob:). Worked first time no issues. I would prefer to use bluetooth (no cables, extra bits, etc) - hopefully Zwift will get this “known issue” sorted soon. Thanks again Greg.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Zwift crashing. Not asking for write permissions to Documents folder