macOS problems with new update? [1.13.0] [May 19 2021] [SOLVED]

So we are into yet another day and no update today. If the issue was only that access is not available to the new worlds, that would be a big issue. But to crash the entire system so people have no access at all is a major issue. If you are not on the forums, you would not be getting any updates.

1 Like

I have read this thread 3 times now and my take on numerous replies is not the same as yours l think. Zwift have been very sparse in replying and after 2 days of no decent fix l think its not good. I still cannot load after the update!

1 Like

Just had to update the app and now the App crashes upon opening. Seems this has been going on for days. Been trouble shooting on my device for half an hour now. Deleting then re-installing the app. Turning the device on and off. Glad that it doesn’t seem to be an issue on my side but that’s a shocking TAT for fixing this issue that seems to effect a lot of paying customers. Very bad customer experience.
Device: Macbook Pro

2 Likes

yep me to, come on Zwift, fix it please

1 Like

Adding to the data collection, I’m having same issue as most here: ever since the new update, after clicking “Let’s Go” to go from the launcher to the app, the app just dies on me and nothing happens.

Running High Sierra (10.3.6) on a quite old MacBook Pro, and can’t upgrade past that (waiting for the new M1-powered line to come out this summer), and have never had any trouble before.

Tried to delete the Application Support folder and and use the launcher to reinstall, which did not fix anything.

Really eager to see this fixed. Thanks, team!

Is there a fix for this from Zwift? same issue here on MacOS 10.11 at app launch the messge is
Something went wrong. Please try restarting Zwift.
…which i did several times to no avail…
looking forward to a swift resolution…kind of sucks when you pay for something and it doesn’t give you an option to avoid the update!!!

I have exactly the same issue

Same here. Worked fine on both my 2012 Mac Mini and my wife’s 2016 MacBook Air…until yesterday morning when neither one works. The app crashes as soon as I click ‘Let’s Go’ on both machines. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled, rebooted multiple times…no luck. Not the current OS but wasn’t a problem until yesterday!

I just got a Tweet from them, they are still working a fix

Also unable to launch Zwift on MacOS 10.11.6.

Same issue here. But just found a way in:
Started Zwift on my IPhone (not updated).
Started on the Mac in parrallel

Then you enter the Mac OS 10… app

Enjoy until they find a better solution

Hello,

Nothing works for me…can zwift communicate more on this…only customer try to find solution. We still pay fo a non existing service.
Thanks
Fred

Can you please explain how exactly if it is more to it. I opened my phone app first and when I was on the selection screen(i noticed that the new world was not there, so i guess it is not updated), but i still have the same issue on my Mac?

Is there a sync between the two that is needed? I have never used my iPhone Zwift app before

This worked for me, try launching from the Zwift.app icon in your applications directory. The Alias on my desktop kept giving the same error everyone is seeing. Then, after a reboot and several relaunch attempts saw a fleeting error message pop up, it was so fast all I made out was the word “Alias”, on a hunch went to my app folder, launched from there and everything worked. Deleted my old Alias, created a new one, put it on my desktop, but it wouldn’t work from there. Tried the primary app icon, it worked again. Completed two new routes, love it! BTW- I run an old MacBook Pro (2012) with 10.13.4. Good Luck, hope it works for you!

1 Like

soooooo frustrating

yep!!! so frustrating

We’ve split off the reports from Apple TV users to its own thread. If you’re an ATV person, please join us on this other thread.

Just another voice in the wilderness re this Zwift problem on mac computers… my vintage 2015 MBP has been pretty flawless until this update and I’m experiencing the same as others here have described. That said, I’m not optimistic about Zwift coming up with a solution for those of us on older operating systems. I’m inclined to make a run to Best Buy over the weekend and snag a windows notebook PC to dedicate to Zwift.

same issue, i have deleted and reinstalled and it’s still quitting as soon as i log in

I’ve got the same issue, albeit there have been others in recent weeks. Beginning to lose patience with Zwift, perhaps time to look at other platforms. As with all products, life cycles come to an end and alternatives enter the market place