Similar issue on my Apple TV 4K. I’ve uninstalled the app, rebooted and reinstalled app. Zwift logo appears then quits back to main home screen.
I also have the same issue on Apple TV 4K (latest tvOS 14.5 (18L204)). Updated to latest version of Zwift (1.0.70425 - released 19 May 2021).
Launch Zwift, get the first blue splash screen (with Zwift logo) and then it crashes back to the ATV home screen. Uninstalled/reinstalled 3 or 4 times now - no difference.
Can’t use Zwift at all now.
With Apple TV just force closed the app and reopened after update, and all ok. New world showing and avatar moving. Fingers crossed it stays that way for TTT this evening!
I have also same issue with Apple TV 4K (gen 1). Running latest tvOS 14.5. Previous Zwift version worked fine on Tuesday, today updated to latest release 1.0.70425 and Zwift only flashes, then closes. All other apps work normally.
I have tried pretty much everything possible: restart Apple TV, reinstall Zwift several times (also doing first uninstall, then reboot, then reinstall), try with both wifi and LAN connections, reset Apple TV fully… but no luck.
Any updates for Apple TV users? Using latest tvOS 14.5 and no luck either un-installing app or rebooting.
Like mentioned above. Apple TV won’t get past the blue Zwift screen. I see an update for Mac but no mention of acknowledgment of the Apple TV problem from support. Please provide an update. I have also tried all the same things that others have tried with no success
Please comment also the Apple TV issue.
I have now emailed log files from my Apple TV to your support team.
I split the Apple TV posts from the macOS thread. Thanks to everyone here for speaking up so we can dedicate staff to investigate the ATV crash.
We are investigating, and will update this thread as we know more.
Exact same issue. At this point until Zwift addresses the issue I believe the Apple 4k TV is pooched. I’ve tried everything possible to fix and have escalated to Zwift.
Hate to hear your issues. I have A4K as well. Fortunately the update went well and I rode the new world last night. Weird when it happens on some AT devices and not others.
No worries. I have not had any issue during previous updates prior to this, so this is new yet frustrating for me. I did do all the troubleshooting steps that one would normally do, yet to no avail. I am using the Apple TV 4K model (4th gen, 2018/2019) running the latest tvOS.
Some questions for you folks and anyone else joining the thread. Our telemetry indicates this affects the AppleTV 4K (either 1st or 2nd generation) running the latest version of tvOS 14.5.0
- Is this model you have, or are you using a different generation Apple TV?
- Are you using Zwift Companion to pair your Bluetooth trainer / sensors?
- Are you also using Bluetooth audio devices like earbuds or a speaker?
- If you are using an audio device, please let us know which brand & model?
- Are you using an Apple Watch in the mix?
Thank you for your help in troubleshooting this bug!
The answer to Question 1 is yes.
Since the behaviour happens without having the companion app open are the remaining questions relevant?
Yes, please. If you don’t mind, we’d like to have everyone give us insight on which of those other Bluetooth devices are in your environment.
I edited the questions, hopefully that’s a bit more clear.
- yes Apple TV 4K (2nd gen I believe, model A1842, 32GB)
- No not using the companion app to pair BT devices. Just normal use of the companion app for dashboard & messages
Exact same problem. Have latest ATV update, updated Zwift, blue screen flash prob as previously described, removed app, powered down, reinstalled app, same problem. Interestingly I switched out my ATV unit w my other one from another TV and the same issues occur. My ATV is model A1842 OS 14.4.
Wks fine on iPhone, iPad, and other ATV in the house that are NOT updated.
Thanks in advance for any help.
I really have enjoyed Zwift for the last 5 months!!
Thanks for troubleshooting with us! Our engineers are following along and would like to know:
The tvOS version on the other ATV
Would you let us know answers to the other questions I asked upstream?
- Yes I use the companion app on iPhone to pair all devices.
- I use Apple pro earbuds paired with iPhone for audio.
- I pair Apple Watch for heart rate with iPhone
But again I emphasize that the crash happens without getting on the bike and opening the companion app. I just turn on the Apple TV and select the Zwift app.
- Is this model you have, or are you using a different generation Apple TV? First generation Apple TV.
- Are you using Zwift Companion to pair your Bluetooth trainer / sensors? No they connect directly with Apple TV.
- Are you also using Bluetooth audio devices like earbuds or a speaker? No.
- If you are using an audio device, please let us know which brand & model? No.
- Are you using an Apple Watch in the mix?
Thank you for troubleshooting this.