Lutscher course badge

Or you can do it as a meetup, which starts near the KOM banner. That way, you can skip the long lead-in.

2 Likes

Hi @G_Tay

when selecting a route you will see a little blue line, that is the Lead-in then it will turn to white witch is the actual lap. There are pictures a few posts above yours.

Thank you for this tip, Jim! I tried it today for both the normal route and the CCW and it works like a charm!

1 Like

The blue and white doesn’t address the main frustration fully. Just mention the length of both the course and the lead-in. Problem solved!

2 Likes

Or just spawn people a few metres before the route actually starts.

The pens make sense for large groups of riders, group rides and races. But for an individual opting to ride “course Y” I don’t see why they can’t just start at the true start of that course.

If they have to be spawned 2km from the start of the “acknowledged start” then I agree, just make that part of the distance required for that course.

These “Why didn’t I get the badge?” questions come up too often for this failure of the UI not to be addressed.

5 Likes

The trouble is that if you spawn riders just before the start line of either Lutscher course, it means that the first 4-5 miles of their route are downhill - free XP with no effort required! That could be something that is VERY easy for the less honest riders amongst us to constantly spam.

Given how long Zwift takes to start up, I can’t see many people reloading it over and over just to get 120 XP.

They could always change where the route starts.

Another vote here for a change to the user interface. All routes should be listed with the actual distance and metres of climbing, that you can sort using the filter. Only Gerrie seems to like the blue and white line guessing game. Annoying customers like this is not good for business. Please, for goodness sake, focus on the basic user experience so we can all ‘ride on’.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl:

I actually use this Site if I need to check a route. Routes :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Idk why people keep thinking this is so complicated. The distance specified is for the route/loop you will keep doing without touching any turn buttons.

So it makes perfect sense to not include the lead in since you will only do it on your first lap of the selected loop.

The lead in is not part of the loop therefore it is not part of the loop miles. No magic there.

2 Likes

From experience, I am sure you also don’t start in the exact same place every time (which makes sense in terms of spreading out the riders in the event that everyone want to ride the same route at the same time). That also adds to the complication of the total mileage, as it will be slightly different from rider to rider.

Of course, I could have got that wrong and be talking out of my backside … that would not be unusual.

This needs to be changed. When a rider selects a route on Zwift, the rider has in mind how long he or she has available to ride. I know that I pick my routes based on which is the longest one I believe I can complete in the time I will be riding. Who cares if part of the distance/elevation is a “lead in” versus the “actual route”? Come on, Zwift, put your cycling caps on!!!

3 Likes

A good approach would be if there was the option for a “course status” line on the display. It could display, during the course of a ride:

1. distance to start of route
  2. distance to the finish of a route
  3. notice of having gone off-route
  4. route completed

This would solve the issue that virtually every beginner has dealing with routes.

it’s the n00b tax :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

Tested this week, Tire Bouchon - meetup, distance. Zwift is showing a progress bar - but the length of the route is without lead-in, so my meetup was “finished” without getting a badge (I got the badge some 4 km later). And this behaviour is really confusing!

I don’t care about it, for me is the game aspect not so important. But I understand it is annoying for many users.

Yes – and on Tire Bouchon, the “leadin” which must be repeated at the end, is a challenging climb, similar to Surrey Hills London where the “lead-in” is climbing Kite Hill which is additionally the finishing climb. My first attempt @ Surrey I failed to realize I had to climb it a second time.

Daniel, I know about it (there are more like these) - but in the case no progress bar would be better than a false one!

The progress bar is for your Meetup’s set time or duration, and has nothing to do with the route.

1 Like

Crazy I Yesterday rode Tire Bouchon and didn’t rode this climb second time, so I didn’t get the badge. I didn,t know that I need to do 2 times hardest part of the track. It showed that course is ~60,9.km and climb is ~4…m high but actualy it is 64.4km long with 591metres.

Is there any other maps like this? I don’t want to make mistakes.
Should I google for every map before I start it?

Rule Nr1 for route badge hunters: You ride till you get the badge. You don’t stop at xx km/mi or anything else. You ride till you get that badge.

Did Tire Bouchon also yesterday and it worked like expected.

1 Like