Normally, I ride with my Kickr as the Controllable using ANT FE-C and my Vector 3 as my Power Source (I have not had any of the Vector 3 issues people report).
Tonight, I wanted to do an Erg mode workout and I could only get it to work if I selected Kickr BLE as both the controllable and the power source. Then it limited power nicely.
Then to finish up, I did a <world>1 tour of Watopia. Except I was generating insane power. For a guy with FTP of 220, being able to cruz along at 350 and surge to 450 was amazing. I got the green jersey in both directions beating my past times by 3 seconds.
If I switched back to Vector 3 as the power source, it all worked normal. Note, I had my Wahoo Elemnt listening to my Vector 3 so I could compare to the Kickr and the Kickr was about 1.5x more power.
I tried debugging this for an hour. I did the firmware update on both devices. I restarted my Mac. I forgot all devices on all head units. I used the Vector 3 BLE as the power source. I did an in-game spin down, and both a regular and factor spin-down using the Wahoo app. No good. I’m still Chris Froome when I use the Kickr as the power source.