KICKR 2016 no resistance [AppleTV] [March 2022]

Just confirm the app works with my Wahoo Kickr and IPad. Therefore, it seems a Apple TV / App thing.

1 Like

Kickr Bluetooth connection direct to Apple TV or via the Companion App?

If Companion:

• have you tried directly connecting w/the AppleTV?
  • Companion app on Android or what?

And are you fully updated (i.e.,tvOS, iOS, Companion app, Zwift, etc…)?

Connected via companion App via IOS because too many connections to. On next directly to Apple TV will try with less connections directly to the Apple TV.

Or perhaps time to get out on the road and get some quality miles in my legs :wink:

All fully updated

Nah… they’ve got their head in the sand and really don’t give a ■■■■ about fixing it

Update. To be fair Zwift took the trouble to work through this problem directly with me via email and it is fixed, but to a point. I need to pair my Kickr’s native Bluetooth directly with the ATV and then make sure the trainer resistance slider is set at about half way. DO NOT PAIR OR BRIDGE WITH THE COMPANION APP. This set-up gives me the gradient resistance I was missing. The down side is that there are only 2 Bluetooth channels available so you need to pick between adding a cadence sensor or heart rate monitor. I race quite a bit so I have dropped the cadence sensor. Once paired you can open the Companion App for ride-on’s, chat etc, the resistance still works. Hope that helps others.

1 Like

With the companion app it seems to work today with Wahoo and Apple TV I.e. you get resistance going up hills

What did you have the difficulty slider set to? By default, it’s at half way.

If it works right at half way, then one would expect it to work correctly at other increments.

What year Kickr? The thread title says 2016, but there have a been a few posts w/Kickrs from other years. In any case, I forget if it was 2017 or 2018 the Kickr became able to calculate cadence the removing the need for an external cadence sensor.

If you don’t want to or can’t bridge via the Companion app due to issues, then I would suggest Viiiiva HRM or the NPE cable. I personally use the Viiiiva HRM to bridge my bike p2max pm power and cadence (both ANT+) in addition to HR all on a single BLE channel to the AppleTV. The other BLE channel is my trainer.

When I used companion app to bridge I lost all gradient resistance regardless of where the slider was set.

Pairing my Kickr 16 direct to ATV gives me gradient resistance when the slider is moved upwards or none when it’s off. This is how it should be.

It appears using the companion app on iOS or android to bridge is not an option for my setup.

Your right about the viiiva HRT monitor. I’d forgotten that was an option. Thanks

Sorry, what’s a slider. This this something physical on the Kickr I don’t know about. I have a 2015 version.

Sorry should have explained. In game open Setting’s and its the Trainer Difficulty option which i have described as a slider. It will show on the screen below when you pair your bike.

Thank you, new to Zwift

I gave up and sold my 2016 kickr for a v5 one… seriously Zwift… but anyway

1 Like

Does the v5 work like it should?

I swapped my 2017 kickr for the V5, it seems to work correctly for me using my Apple TV set up,

I’ve not updated to the latest kickr firmware though as there are constantly mentions of that not working correctly with zwift.

Yep works fine