Junior account auto renew and charged £17.99

Hello, my son has a zwift account and it has just auto renewed but I’ve been charged £17.99!
Though under 16’s weren’t charged. any ideas why this would have happened?

They used to have a process for requesting free child accounts, but they terminated that program a few months ago. People who got in before they stopped processing those requests should continue to get free renewals, but anyone who didn’t has to pay full fare. If you already got approval for a free child account then you should contact support and see if they can sort it for you. If you didn’t then you can either pay or cancel.

Thanks for responding so quickly, so even though my son had a free account and is under 16 I needed to request a free account, even though he’s got one, or he would be charged full rate at auto renew?
Have I got that correct?

If you already filed the paperwork to get a free account, the last information I heard was that they would continue to renew it at no cost. I don’t think they have made any announcement saying that would stop, but I recommend contacting support to ask. Perhaps someone else will speak up here to give details about their child account renewal success or failure.

@Oliver_ZRace_Central have you heard anything about recent child account renewals failing?

I haven’t heard anything similar to the issue the OP is describing. Have you reached out to support yet? If you put the billing information in at some point or have your info in the App Store, if you click the renew button I’d assume it’d process a payment just like any other account and ignore the fact that it is a child account.

I’ll contact support and see what they say.
Thanks guys.