iOS login fails after hitting TAB

When using the Zwyft or Zwyft Companion app on iOS, hitting TAB on your keyboard adds an extra character to the end of your username. This character isn’t visible, but is sent to the authentication server as part of your username. As a result, you won’t be able to login or, since the resulting username is a bogus email address, reset your password via the login screen.

This login pattern is extremely common: typing a username, hitting TAB, typing a password, hitting ENTER. Not supporting this in the login UI OR not stripping errant characters from the end of a valid email address should be considered a bug.

The “fix” is to not hit TAB to get to the password field, but use your touch screen to highlight the field instead.

Hi @Alan_McCarty welcome to Zwift forums!

Thanks for posting this pro tip! The mysterious extra space in your username is a super-common reason why logins fail.

1 Like

@shooj it’s not a “pro tip”, it’s a bug. I’m not sure of the best way to get this to your devs, but this is something to be fixed. I almost canceled my subscription because of it, and based on what I’ve read in the forums, I’m not the only one having this experience. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks so much. I’ve been racking my brain out trying to login on my iPad and have reset my password twice. I had to ride Rouvy this morning but am glad I came across this thread. Seriously life saver!

1 Like