In Progress Activity

I just finished riding Stage 7 of Tour de Zwift and after saving the ride is not uploading to my Zwift Activities nor Strava. When I check the file in my ‘Documents’ folder on my PC, it is named ‘inProgressActivity.fit’.

How can I resolve this without riding Stage 7 again?

Hi @Tozi_Pswarayi welcome to Zwift forums
I see that you did the ride distance today, so manually credited the Stage 7 completion.

As far as the manual sync to Strava, please see this article on our support hub. Hope that helps!

Thanks @shooj. Problem solved and my activity is recorded on Zwift with file uploaded to Strava manually too. Cheers!

@Tozi_Pswarayi
I’m having trouble saving my activities.
After I end the ride and click save it, it won’t appear in my activities feed. Can you help me out please?

1 Like

My program is freezing 1 sec before the ride ends. If I wait, sometimes it will give the ride summary screen. Sometimes I am able to click end ride, but the computer always freezes in a black screen where I can hear the game still running. Zwift does not close down. I have to power down the computer and reboot my computer. My fit files I find on my computer as “activity in progress.” You can see this has happened of several of my activities over the past two weeks. Including races. (Ack!) And I am not sure I am getting credit for the meters climbed to the holy grail, the Tron bike. Fortunately I am finding a work around and Zwift Power has so far received my results, but crashing computers and glitching rides are not good. Crash/reboot/pray is not good for race prep. :slight_smile: Can you help me fix my problem? Thank you!

I have an issue with an activity that was aborted by a computer crash. I was on mile 55 of the Four Horsemen route and my computer went down. Is there any way to resume this ride so I can complete the few remaining miles? I have also tried to upload the local .fit file to strava and it returns the message: “The upload appears to be malformed and we are unable to process it.” Is there anything that can be done?

You can repair the fit file:
https://www.fitfiletools.com
That did it for me, manual import to Strava and Trainingpeaks no problem.
Unfortunately no chance to import to Zwift, you also get no XP and drops.

3 Likes

Hi Shooj, I have a similar issue where a recent ride had not uploaded correctly and the companion app shows the activity is still in progress. Are you able to complete the ride and clear the companion app issue? If you can tell me how to do this I will do it myself Thanks Andy

Hi @Andy_Owen2 welcome to Zwift forums

It’s possible that you have have more than one device logged in to the same account at the same time. Do you have the game app (not Companion) installed on more than one device? If so - please log out by either 1) saving and uploading your session or 2) trashcanning the session.

Please be careful to log out using either of these methods. Just swiping the app into the background doesn’t terminate your session as far as the server is concerned.

Hi Shooj, the issue seems to have resolved but only half the activity has uploaded and there are very few analytics. I’ve only logged in on one machine. The FIT file for the full activity appears to be on my Mac in the Activities Folder as I have managed to upload it to Strava. As the full activity has not uploaded to Zwift I haven’t receive the credit for the Course, etc. Is there any way to upload the Fit file to Zwift? Regards Andy

@Andy_Owen2

The only way to upload to Zwift is through the save & upload button at the end of your session.
These are some things known to interfere with the normal upload process. The most common thing is flaky WiFi in those moments during the upload.

Greetings. Trying to trouble shoot and hoping I’m in the right place for help. My last 2 rides, 8/4 and today 8/6, seem to not have recorded on either the platform or the Companion app. Today I rode Road to Sky for the 1st time and the route banner appeared as I completed the route. Rode back down the mountain and saved and exited the game as usual. Companion app says “activity details are not available” even though it shows I rode 17.7km and climbed the 1000+m. Also when I logged back into the game platform, my newly completed route badges (Knickerbocker and Road to Sky) do not show up, nor do my distance, climbing progress, drops etc I accumulated during these rides. Ugh. Not sure what to do. Thank you for any help

Hello @Allison_Willhite9304 Does Shuji’s post above (quoted below) have any relevance for you?

It’s possible that you have have more than one device logged in to the same account at the same time. Do you have the game app (not Companion) installed on more than one device? If so - please log out by either 1) saving and uploading your session or 2) trashcanning the session. Please be careful to log out using either of these methods. Just swiping the app into the background doesn’t terminate your session as far as the server is concerned.

Hi there. I did have the game installed on 2 devices (iPad and Surface laptop). However for the 2 missing activities I was only logged in and paired on the Surface which I’ve been doing with no issues since March. I just went ahead and entered the game on the iPad, trash canned to exit, and uninstalled the game from the iPad. Not sure if this will solve the issue. I am bummed because this old lady finally tackled the Alpe and none of my activity details are recorded :tired_face:

Hi Shooj

I just completed the MAAP stage 2 race. And it didn’t save and exit properly. Now on companion app it shows activity still in progress. Can you assist me please.?

@Nelson_De_Carvalho
Those are both symptoms of two devices logged in to the same account at the same time. Do you have Zwift installed on another device?

Be sure to exit your session by either 1) saving and uploading or 2) trashcanning the session. If you just swipe the app closed on a smarphone / tablet, it’s not the same thing.

Hi
I have done as you said. My activities still show that MAAP tour race 2 is not complete and douce France achievement isn’t complete?

I’m using a PC

@Nelson_De_Carvalho
Please write in the support@zwift.com with the event date / time so we can credit the MAAP stage manually. Route badges can not be manually credited, however.

FYI badges / routes / events may not show as complete if there were two sessions logged in concurrently. Moving forward - please be mindful to close out each session so this doesn’t happen.

Hi @Shuji_Sakai, I’ve just competed in the WZRL and I think my wifi dropped out 10km from the end of the activity. I’ve tried fit file and logging off other account but fits still showing as inprogressactivity.fit and not uploading. Any advice? Simon

I am seeing the exact same issue. Wifi reported as dropped 10km from the end of the route. Locally I completed the route with Badge and on the save the dialog stated the save would be done later (even though I saw no Wifi issues). I still have an inprogressactivity.fit but Companion reports a completed ride with 10kms short of the full ride. It also did not upload to Strava. Any help is also appreciated.

1 Like