How do I complete a route

I completed the Tempus Fugit route badge when I first started using Zwift months ago…rode it again this morning and got the completion banner for the route again.

You are correct. Better quality control is needed before releasing updates on the Zwift platform.

Can you be more specific on the time when you think you first completed and got the badge for Tempus Fugit?

Route badges were first introduced on Oct. 3rd 2019, but only select routes were included (no Tempus Fugit at this time). On December 6th 2019 all the rest of the route badges were included.

I’ve had zero problems getting route badges, using Win 10. Everyone that I have attempted have worked perfectly the first time.

2 Likes

I think I began using Zwift sometime in October, I could have sworn that I saw the Tempus Fugit banner sometime after that, probably November, but I may be incorrect since I was still learning the game.

…and if it wasn’t truly added until December 2019, that means I haven’t ridden that easy route to completion in 3+ months?!

Wow… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I think you are misunderstanding. The Route Badge for Tempus Fugit was not introduced until Dec 2019, but the route was introduces in I believe in April 2019.

1 Like

You may have ridden it as part of another route but for the Bage to be awarded you have to select it from the route menu before you start your ride.

2 Likes

Thanks Paul & Gerrie…I was just stating that I have completed most of the easy routes and am currently focused on Mountain, AdZ, and the more complex rides. It simply baffles me that I somehow missed that very easy, boring route badge…that’s all. My memory ain’t what it used to be!

:+1:

1 Like

People keep saying that you have to select the route but is that only in free-ride? Events seem to get it automatically, unless the starting pens are on the wrong side of the ‘lap start’.
Also, who’s genius idea was it to put a lot of the start pens after the starting banner?

Because some routes are forward and some are reverse with one start pen you can’t cover both.

I think with events the start pens act like the start banner, so you get the badge, I have all the badges from events, I will have to check if they were forward or reverse routes.

I rode in one event where this did not seem to be the case: Giro di Castelli Stage 3 (B). Wasn’t this the Watopia Mountain route? I didn’t get the badge for that ride. Maybe this was before the Mountain route had a badge?

Yep, this badge was added 5 days later.

2 Likes

this happen to me today on this same route. so frustrating, GRRRRR.

Definitely still some bugs! For example New York “The 6 Train”. Rode that as a meet-up on May 17 and did three laps and no route complete badge. All the other routes done as meet-ups (a dozen or more) have worked ok.

That was fixed in the latest update.

1 Like

Yeah! Good to know!

I have written the “out and back” Watopia twice and it was never recognized with badge . Today, I rode the flat route in Richmond and it wasn’t recognized. I did the “cobblestones” in Richmond and it was. Plus I find there’s conflicting information about elevation. I don’t know where the best sources except I’m using the Zwift rides. I read to go a couple miles past the route finish just in case which I have done and I don’t know if that throws everything off. Thanks

Hi @Joanna_Southerland

I looked at your out and back and you stopped short of the finish stone arch. The route is 39.9 km with about 2.4km lead in = 42.3km.

Richmond is from Sprint banner to sprint banner so again you stopped short.

1 Like

This information should be available somewhere when selecting the route and whilst riding the route

Yes it should be, people have been complaining about it for nearly a year (the route badges are only that old). Use Routes
Because zwift won’t be fixing it anytime soon.

Btw zwift has always been about figuring it out yourself or asking third party websites for information. That’s how they roll.

1 Like

The whole “routes” infrastructure is very, very strange to me. Surrey Hills and Lutscher are two extreme examples, where one needs to ride a challenging climb just to reach the “start”.

Additionally, it’s not Strava where you can just ride a route on ones own to get a badge… you need to be doing the route from the menu.

I don’t even know if deviations are allowed. For example, on Pretzel I there’s two climbs of Epic KOM, one from each side. Only the first goes to the radio tower. If I were to add in a radio tower on the second, which is out-and-back, would I still get credit? I don’t know.

No, you will not get the badge. If you make any manual turns you will not get a route badge. You only get a badge if you select the route before spawning in world and not making any manual turns during the ride.

3 Likes