Hi, I’m not able to connect my Tickr X2 HRM to Zwift thru Bluetooth & hoping for any suggestions to solve this. A short background:
I’ve been successfully pairing both my Kickr bike V1 and Tickr X2 through Bluetooth to Zwift for over 2 years. But recently the Kickr bike got an ER4 code & wouldn’t pair via Bluetooth. I was able to keep riding & pairing devices as long as I connected via the companion app. Wahoo graciously sent out a replacement refurb Kickr bike V2 unit. That is working great and now pairing to Zwift via WiFi. However, the Tickr HRM won’t pair via Bluetooth to Zwift. It won’t even show up when searching for HRM devices. It will only pair via the companion app though.
So I’ve tried the following:
- Changed the battery, just in case.
- Paired it as a sensor to the Wahoo app. It does pair just fine. Still no BT connection to Zwift.
- Unpaired it as a sensor on the Wahoo app. Still no BT connection to Zwift.
- Checked the paired devices on my Android phone to clear any pairing. Nothing listed for the Tickr.
- Checked the paired devices on my Win 10 computer to clear any pairing. Nothing listed for the Tickr.
I’m wondering if the Tickr HRM thinks it’s already paired and therefore won’t show up in the Zwift pairing screen but I can’t find anything to clear. Another possibility is now that the bike is pairing via WiFi, it won’t allow the HRM to pair via Bluetooth? It’s obviously working but only through the companion app. Any other Kickr Bike V2 people, how are you pairing your HRMs when the bike pairs via Wifi?
Any suggestions on troubleshooting this issue are much appreciated.