Being a recreational triathlete who loves riding outside, my partner was so amazing as to buy me a Tacx Flux as a birthday gift. So far I’ve been using it regularly during the week: sometimes for FTP tests (now at around 287W), more often for pre-breakfast rides to improve my anatomical system’s fat burning.
During the first two months I used the Tacx riding app, because, well… it came free with the trainer. After the 60 days were past, I switched to Zwift by recommendation of a friend.
My problem: the trainer, which supposedly is able to imitate 15% gradient, doesn’t seem to reduce or increase resistance during Zwifting.
Here some details:
- Trainer is regularly calibrated through Tacx app
- Also connected: Viiiiva HR monitor (for Bluetooth pairing) and (think this might be important!?) my Garmin Forerunner 945 (for Training Effect measurement)
- Typically I run Zwift on an iPad or iPhone XR
- During training rides, ERG mode is on because I ride on Wattage
- During ‘Free rides’ ERG mode is off (correct?)
What I do notice when I am cycling uphill, my average speed goes down, as it goes up while cycling downhill. However I am not really interested in my average speed, I am interested in utilizing the trainer’s capacity to imitate riding uphill. It really doesn’t get heavier.
Very much looking forward to some help!