Game Update - September 3rd, 2020

Did someone say it was ok? I clearly said that yes it’s frustrating. You pay a monthly fee for what, to get a badge—a little blob of pixels on virtual trophy case?? If I don’t have anything to add… What are all the loudest shouters adding, by shouting 50 times that the 4 Horsemen badge isn’t awarded when they ride that route? Since you fully believe that Zwift is aware of but ignoring the issue, do you actually think you’re adding something meaningful by repeating yourself? If they ignored you the first n times, why is the n+1 time going to solve the issue? Jose, what are you actually doing that compels Zwift to rework their incompetence? Are you going to “keep scrolling,” since you have nothing to add?

As it turns out, I honestly hope that whatever bugs and glitches you’re encountering are resolved, and that your experience is everything you want it to be; in the meantime, are you gong to ride 4 Horsemen or the Uber, hoping for the badge? Are you going to shout in the forum that you want a retroactive badge even though everyone knows Zwift will say “Sorry…”? Why would you? No, really—Why?

When you have an issue with a product, you let the manufacturer know. When there are a number of customers with the same issue, it becomes apparent that it’s not isolated and should be addressed by the manufacturer.
In this case, we are all ADDING input to the fact that there is a part of the game not functioning. Unfortunately, Zwift doesn’t seem to care enough to do anything about it. If they are, they haven’t communicated anything that they’re looking into it or are even trying to rectify it.
By responding the way that you are and asking us why we’re wasting our time ‘shouting’ about the same issue, you become part of the problem. If your Zwift is working fine, great. But it’s clearly not for everyone else here.
We don’t pay for ‘a little blob of pixels.’ Personally, I can’t even get a proper workout because ERG mode hasn’t been working for me since the most recent update. I came to the forum to post and see if anyone else has experienced the same. THIS FORUM is the exact place where Eric Min himself said (on the Zwiftcast a couple months ago) to post about issues because this is where they see them.

3 Likes

Well now I’m confused why you took issue with my post at all, since I clearly said people who encounter an issue should complain here. What I don’t get is why the same people post the same complaint over and over again in the span of the same day. Useless. If you’re having issues with ERG mode (which I recall from another thread, and which you’ve mentioned here), then you aren’t really complaining about my post above, which was specifically addressed at people discussing the 4 Horsemen and Uber badges not being awarded–some of which people have commented that their friends have knowingly attempted one of those two route subsequently, knowing full-well that there hasn’t been an announcement about a badge fix–and then getting equally irate when they didn’t get the badge. Again, useless. You aren’t a little blob of pixels guy, so this isn’t totally relevant to you–but others really make it seem as though the little blob of badge-shaped pixels sitting in that virtual trophy case is the essential feature of paying for Zwift (how do I know this? Because they comment variously that if Zwift doesn’t award the badge retroactively, they’ll cancel their subscription). Once again, useless.

Of course people can complain. If you aren’t getting something you pay for, complain. But why make yourself miserable complaining? Again, you yourself are absolutely certain that Zwift knows about and yet ignores much of what happens in these forums. Why on earth would you subsequently have faith that these forums are going to resolve something for you?

Sorry the ERG issue hasn’t been resolved.

See response from Zwift on the Four Horsemen/Mega Pretzel route badge issue - Route Badges on long rides - #7 by xflintx

2 Likes

DId 4 Horsemen on 9/14/20 - went past the finish banner and part of a second loop. DId not get badge. Am getting increasingly frustrated with Zwift

Yeah, now I’ve noticed this new time gap bug as well. Looks like the list of nearby riders is even more out of sync than before. In addition to on-screen avatar position, position shown at the top of the rider list and order on the list of riders only matching when the stars align correctly, now the list of nearby riders isn’t even sorted according to the time gaps shown.

When trying to hang on to the blob for dear life (my usual race position…), this manifests itself as the rider immediately above oneself on the list being shown occasionally at, say, -0:03, and the ones above at -0:02. However, in my race-turned-warmup today, I noticed a more extreme version with other riders in two groups at something like -1:30 and -1:00 (ie a big enough gap that it definitely can’t be bridged as the list is refreshed) appearing in a seemingly random order with riders in either group jumping back and forth on the list.

Same problem here. I can reconnect after several attempts.

@Shuji_Sakai Is this release supported on the new TvOS 14 for Apple TV?

1 Like

@Steve_Hammatt

We’ve seen no issues with TVOS14, but we are keeping a close eye on brand-new features that Apple introduced with this version that might complicate things - Picture in Picture specifically.

However, if you notice weirdness with TVOS14, we’d like to know specifically which generation of AppleTV hardware you’re running.

1 Like

Re: route badge issue. Please see my recent post on the original thread if you’re still curious as to the status of this one.

@Steve_Hammatt @Shuji_Sakai

Did a group ride yesterday post Apple TV OS update to 14. No issues w/the ride.

However… It would appear the OS update resulted in a couple unanticipated things related to Zwift.

1. When I started Zwift, I had to login. I have never had to do this after previous TV OS updates.
  2. Zwift prefs seems to have been cleared/deleted. All settings were default (i.e., Neo road feel, trainer difficulty, HR/Pwr graph, power bests all cleared, etc…)

Again, no issues w/Zwift while riding. But this update did result in a few things I have not seen before w/TV OS updates.

Apple TV 4K

1 Like

Time gaps all over the place on my Ventoux Haute Route event last night.

You only see the times of your group, but not of the other four groups. So the riders in front of you are not from the same starting pen as you.

Why does it say D against their names then, if they’re not in D like me? I didn’t see any other categories on the list throughout, even though all category riders were visible on screen.

Edit: referring to the rider list here, not the people I can see up the road.

Think what he is saying is the rider list only shows D riders but if you look at the mini-map and your photo the riders a few meters ahead of you are blue dots which IIRC are Cat C. So they don’t show up on the riders nearby list.

The rider at the top of the list is shown as being 0:33 ahead, but the one below that rider is at 1:02 ahead.

And the rider last on the list is 0:16 behind, but the rider ahead of that one is 0:45 behind.

1 Like

Ah, but that’s not what I was pointing out. The event had different categories all on course and visible together. That’s fine. On the rider list everyone is cat D (from my pen) which is correct, but the time gaps relative to me are all over the place instead of moving out in either direction from me chronologically.

Thanks for sharing- helps me prepare for what to expect. Too bad Zwift doesn’t do things like test their app with the latest OS of the system most commonly used by customers. Developers have had access to the tvOS beta for quite some time. Zwift must have been busy focused on how their going to spend all their new money not addressing customer concerns.

I see where fences are useful in lower category group rides to stop them from being highjacked. The highest level of group ride though is B and it would be better controlled by the group rather than a fence IMO. It works well with those larger rides without fences.

Since last update. Bowflex T226 not pairing with app.
Im confused… is Zwift running is still free, or we can forget about that app?
Thanks!