Game Update - September 3rd, 2020

Hello Zwifters!

The team is pleased to bring you the September game release. The update is available for download now for PC, Mac and Android and will appear in the Apple App store for iOS and Apple TV soon.

If you are planning to join an event on your next Zwift session, please make sure you log in a few minutes early to download the update and get access to all the latest features.

Missions and Programs

• Added support for Zwift Academy 2020. Web registration opens Sept 8th. In-game registration opens September 8th for Cycling, September 15th for Run and September 28th for Tri.
  • Added support for Haute Route Ventoux and the Dempsey Challenge Events.

Content

• Repack Ridge Improvements
    • Repack Ridge is now officially out of the FutureWorks program, thanks to everyone for your feedback!
    • Added Sterzo support for Repack Ridge. (How many stars can you get now?)
    • Minor improvements to the UI when turning into Repack Ridge.

Events and Meetups

• We’ve changed the default state of steering in events to OFF. This means only events that are meant to allow steering will have steering enabled. Looking for a steering event? Our event calendar has recurring steering enabled events here: The at Home Cycling & Running Virtual Training App

Bug Fixes and Improvements

• Added a new alert indicator when users save their activity to let them know if they are in an offline state to reduce lost rides and runs.
  • Improved Meetups to ensure you can enable late join OR race results (rather than both at the same time). Even if you’re just racing your friends, you need to complete the entire meetup distance to take the top step.
  • Cycling Pace Partners is now only available for cyclists. A future game release will provide a complimentary Pace Partner for Runners.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause the HUD to flicker in Meetups.
  • Fixed a bug where in certain scenarios a rider would get dropped from the draft
  • Numerous UI and text updates.

If you happen to hit any issues with this update, please post in the thread below.

See you in Watopia, Ride On! :ride_on:

Update: 9-10-2020

We’ve released a small patch v.1.0.55600 to fix up a few issues found after the update last week. This patch addresses the following issues:

• Joining an event while riding with a Pace Partner no longer causes a crash.
  • Selecting a Pace Partner no longer causes an occasional crash.
  • Some billboards on the roadside in Paris no longer appear as black boxes.
  • The model names went missing for wheels in the Drop Shop, the names have now returned.
  • Additional fixes for crashes impacting some users participating in events in the France map.

The patch is available for PC and Mac now and will be in the Apple and Android stores shortly. If you encounter any additional issues with this update, please post in the thread below.

Ride On! :ride_on:

86 Likes

No fixes for the re-released fence or relative rider position in the list? Last update was supposed to make that more accurate, but now it’s worse than I’ve ever seen. Riders out of order, based on the times (minus times behind, plus times ahead, numbers out of order), nearby riders not showing in the list.

I’m guessing that’s somewhat related to the errant fence warnings, but still getting them when I’m absurdly far behind the fence. Not just behind the yellow beacon, but I got one last night while I was behind the red beacon and we were 50+m behind the yellow beacon (so, obviously, well behind the fence).

14 Likes

What are the details on Facebook integration mentioned elsewhere? Generally don’t like linking my accounts like this, I hope it’s optional.

5 Likes

So much for rowing “in a few weeks”.

18 Likes

A few “Zwift weeks”.

So… 2022 in the Gregorian calendar :wink:

15 Likes

Ha nice! I always love Zwift updates! But could someone explain to me what “steering” is?

4 Likes

Hi @Liz_Jones1 welcome to Zwift forums.

Steering is a FutureWorks feature that’s in public development. You can read more about that here.

4 Likes

I’m finding the fence to be more frustrating than functional, ie a full third of the field simply ignoring the warning. Can’t believe Zwift released such a poorly performing version. It should be disabled again - perhaps permanently.

8 Likes

@Dave_ZPCMR

Linking to Facebook is totally optional, just as linking to Strava or Garmin Connect are optional.

All three of those services are social platforms in their own right, and these links are ways to connect with your friends who use Zwift + those other platforms.

4 Likes

Oh okay! Thank you! That makes sense now!:slight_smile: didn’t make sense before:p

Haha nice! :wink:

1 Like

Great to see the new UI that was apparently ready in December 19 then delayed until March 20, then delayed because of covid increasing the user base has still not been released even though back in March it was said it was fully ready for release. :joy::joy::joy: @shooj?

21 Likes

Thanks, I just wasn’t sure how it was done. Your link explains it; just like other connections. :+1:

1 Like

This CAN’T be an official Zwift release: It’s only Thursday! :rofl:

8 Likes

Is there a way to see all of my friends on Facebook that currently have Zwift? Or does it only provide updates after you’ve made the link?

Does the fact you’re bothering to update the current UI indicate that the big UI update is actually some time off?

10 Likes

No fix for the 4 month old weight sync bug that you broke in May?

3 Likes
  • Numerous UI and text updates.

FINALLY! take.it we don’t need to quit and restart the application to switch routes officially now without a workaround.

Great work team :+1:

5 Likes

AppleTV Zwift app 1.0.55226 keeps losing network connection.

Apple TV itself is not losing the network connection (no dropped pings from my Mac)

So. I should not have updated.

Please fix.

Hard to ride

10 Likes