Game Update - March 16th, 2021

Another update, another bug.

Power reading dropping on Wahoo kickr core with windows and ant.

I haven’t stopped pedalling, and am right at the RPM

Drop your log file into zwiftalizer.com

2 Likes

Most likely signal interference, not a bug. I also use Win10, ANT+, and Kickr Core and have not had any issues with the new update.

1 Like

Was pretty much perfect before the last release

Which log file ?

The one from your ride with all the drops in your screenshot.

Hi thanks for responding, my Watts now seem to be stable again thank you and are no longer way too high as before although they do now seem slightly lower than before with the same gear and effort.

Basically the analysis indicates a problem with the ant+ connection

Yet I have been using the same hardware for months without problem.

The only variable seems to be the zwift software.

There you have it! To say you’ve never had problems before does not mean you won’t have problems in the future. There is always a first time for everything.

ANT+ uses 2.4GHz spectrum which is also used by a ton of other devices. There could be a new source of interference that didn’t exist before. Wireless phone, microwave, Bluetooth devices, etc…

It is also very possible that your ANT+ dongle is dodgy or going bad. I have had one die a slow death on me in the past after using it for only a year.

Lastly, if you’re not using a USB extension cable, I highly recommend doing so to get the dongle closer to the trainer.

5 Likes

100%, at the very least all beacon slots need to be able to rejoin — but I think it’d be nice if everyone was able to. They could even just use Late Join to enable that…

(Wrote about that here: PC/Mac Reconnect After Crash Doesn’t Work - #3 by Gerrie_Delport_ODZ)

I’ve noticed a slight twist: previously the F10 key did not work for either this Zwift activity feed OR connected third-party fitness apps. There has been some sort of change as my F10 key now appears to be working with third-party apps, but images taken from my Zwift Companion App only appear in the Zwift.com feed, but not in my third party apps. So NO, the image capture function is still not fixed, at least with respect to a Windows PC and ZCA Android combination.

Still having this problem - I have only tested this with the F10 key, and not by taking a photo via the Companion app, but uploading to Strava works about half the time. I don’t think I’m doing anything different each time, so it’s weird it only works sometimes. It does look like photos are uploading to Zwift though.

Another issue - sometimes when I end my ride, while trying to get back to the main menu it takes a very long time, and sometimes freezes Zwift. The ride does save and upload though. Other times, I’m able to end the ride and get back to the main menu quickly, but when I click exit to totally shut down Zwift, the program freezes. That happens most of the time.

I have been having Zwift crash and an Nvidia dll is seemingly to blame.

This has been occurring intermittently since Christmas.

Each time I do a fresh install of Zwift, and the latest Nvidia drivers.

Windows 10 fresh install, new Zwift, new Nvidia drivers. Computer isn’t used for anything else. It crashes straight to desktop with no error displayed.

Happened today on Richmond when just testing my time trial setup. I wasn’t riding, climbed off to adjust bars, looked back and windows desktop. Otherwise it’s occurred on Sand & Sequias and on the Volcano.

Game crashed on me after typing a long message yesterday morning (10/4).

good day. I have a problem since the advance update. i have an elite real axiom trainer, connection via usb cables (no ant +, no bluetooth). I want to ask if you have updated the calibration values ​​for this trainer? I have a problem that watts / speeds are lower than they used to be. my avatar has a problem mainly uphill, tidal, but he goes. this issue occurred after the update. I wonder if Zwift has recalibrated the internal numbers P1,2 and P3 .?

zwift support didn’t help me, he thinks our trainers aren’t supported

Is anyone else struggling to maintain the same power that they were on Tacx basic trainers since the update (and fix) during March 2021? I’m obviously not talking about the period when our Watts were doubled overnight (the bug) but during late 2020 I was holding 200-220w no issue but am now feeling the same effort at 180-190w. Just wondering if anyone else is feeling the same. Obviously my power could have been inaccurate last year before the update!? I have a Tacx Booster with Wahoo sensors!

Never got the screen freeze crash before the March, 2021 update. I’ve lost count how many times I’ve had the screen freeze crash, and it happens when I’m leading or alternate lead. Tonight, it happened with only 3 minutes left in the ride I was leading. It’s embarrassing.

I’ve done the updates, cleared caches and cookies, uninstalled and reinstalled Zwift more than once, switched to Bluetooth and still: screen freeze crashes. Companion App now won’t load. The hits just keep on spinning.

Do any Zwift employees actually read these forums?

Is Zwift working on this problem at all? It’s been over two months. This is ridiculous.

1 Like