Game Update - February 23rd, 2021

DIdn’t the level locks get nerfed at the start of the pandemic? Why not just ditch them entirely now? No one even likes the Jungle route since the advent of rolling resistance, so the only level lock that makes even the least bit of sense is Alpe du Zwift. And now you can unlock that in about a week.

4 Likes

that is. great article…i’ll have to experiment.
in watopia i also think the islands are managed on different servers/clusters for status updates and when you cycle over the bridges to the epic kom you get moved between between them …and sometimes that move doesn’t sync up. now i’m wondering if it’s firewall related too

Latest kickr firmware has issues. Need to go to older version

I reinstalled windows and it fixed the problem for me. It’s a pretty drastic option that isn’t really an option at all for many, but I thought I’d mention it anyway.

@Angie_Kantola

Since we’re talking about a Bluetooth connection here - and since BLE signals most often can only pair to one receiver at a time - please make sure that the PM5’s signal is not being hijacked by the iPad, or the iPhone.

If any other devices (or even other apps on the Mac like Garmin Connect, Strava, etc) are stealing the PM5’s signal, it would not be availble to the Zwift app. Please verify that’s not the case by powering off your phone & iPad?

@Tony_Agee
We’re still working on that fix.

3 Likes

Are you sure you’re not drafting? When drafting your avatar sits up (except on the Z1)… it sending you to the edge of the pack is more so you can see yourself.

RGT for example actually tells you how many watts you’re saving from drafting. Zwift could use a more quantitive indicator of how good the draft is.

That would be great. I always thought it was a bit weird that you had to back out and jump back in. I’d love it if they had a little tracker, too, for how many miles you have left on a route when you go for a ride not in a race.

1 Like

Can we get a list of what changes have been made to the FTP builder workouts? I’m in the middle of doing the 12 week one so would like to know.
Edit: looking in game it seems there was a mistake made to Week 3, workout 2. The strength workout seems to have accidentally removed the strength intervals, but kept the rest of the workouts.

1 Like

No London elevation graph fix?

After 1750 hours of Zwifting, I’m sure @Zee_Kryder knows when she is and isn’t drafting.

4 Likes

Some of the complaints in these forums are crazy, if people only understood the complexity…

Great job releasing improvements incrementally whilst communicating transparently to your users guys. Keep up the great work.

5 Likes

No need to be demeaning with the commentary. Constructive criticism with specific examples would be more fruitful.

If you need to vent take out some stress on the bike not by knocking others professional efforts

4 Likes

Were I have to go to update the application

I’m sorry, but still no fix for screenshot uploads not working (PC -F10) which was a regression introduced in October and 100% reproducible?? Regressions shouldn’t happen with proper change control and regression test processes, but if they do failure to fix them when they happen is worse. It’s deliberate.

1 Like

Some of the complaints in these forums are crazy, if people only understood the complexity…

I’m 35 year veteran in the software business, I know this business MUCH better than Zwift does and it shows in their product.

5 Likes

Will we ever be train (structured workouts) with cadence as a metric (big dial on companion app) as an alternative to power?

Hi @shooj, thanks for the follow up. I tried again and happily this time Zwift did pair with the PM5. Here’s hoping it stays that way from here on out. Still missed my group ride at 5:15, though. :frowning:

I’m sure it was not a case of the PM5 Bluetooth being paired with a different device earlier because, as I said in my first message, I saw it as connected to the Mac’s BT even as the Zwift program wasn’t detecting or pairing. (I also watch a device, named as a 17-character alphanumeric string, appear as connected to the Mac’s Bluetooth as Zwift boots up. I presume that’s Zwift’s connection to the Bluetooth system. When I was troubleshooting earlier, I repeatedly saw both that device and the PM5 signal appearing as connected via BT to the Mac… while the PM5 was unpaired/invisible to Zwift.)

I appreciate you working with me on this. Have a good night!

Rider shadows have not been reactivated on M1 high profile.

Please develop a replacement, then. There are, apparently, many folks who are looking for an alternative that just isn’t on the market at this time.

3 Likes