Game Update - December 17th, 2020

iOS and ATV users are still waiting for Apple to approve the update. This can sometimes take a day, or two, after the update is released by Zwift.

What Wes said

I’m pretty sure the fire tv stick doesn’t have any processing power which is needed for Zwift

Si lo que te pasa es que te saca de los eventos nada más terminar y no te guarda los datos puedes solucionarlo poniendo el idioma en inglés
Como solución provisional funciona.

Thanks to the Zwift Graphic designers. It is nice to have a few more Route options to keep us busy during the Festive500. Having multiple turn options helps to keep it interesting.

3 Likes

Appreciate the communication on the goals of the new routes!

On that note I would like to express the desire for more short/medium (10-20km) routes with decent elevation gain. As an enduro MTB rider I would love to have more routes that can be completed over the duration of a standard workout that let me climb 300-400m.

Seems like overall there are either totally flat routes or monumental climbs, but not a lot available in the middle area unless riders are navigating the whole way(which is hard to do unless you have a deep understanding of the elevation profiles on the map). As an alternative, perhaps a view of the elevation profile with the routes (as strava or trailforks would display) could help riders find this more easily.

Serpentine 8 route was cool though, definitely want to recognize that (despite not knowing when I was approaching the end of it - ~7km more than expected)

5 Likes

Would be great if you could support Withings Steel HR and other Withings HR watches to allow Bluetooth pairing for HR monitoring in Zwift. I am a frequent user and this would make the experience just that little bit better!! Great stuff though Zwift. Love it! :+1:

2 Likes

Do they broadcast HR in Real-Time or do they just periodically sync with an app on a phone?

1 Like

Thanks Steve, I remember reading something in the “manual”, I may test the laptop F10 and see if that works. I do use the media functions of those keys for the background music/videos - it started after the Zwift Academy update I think… Would need to check when I actually reported it… But seems I must be in the minority - now I just ride and use the companion app when I want screenshots.

So update and get 3 freezes on lowest resolution putting me 5 minutes off the group. Not WiFi, not ANT connection. New update feature?

1 Like

Fixed it.

Reboot, uninstall/re-install does not fix it.

Uninstall, manually delete entire contents of C:\Program Files(x86)\Zwift and then re-install does work.

Seems like a gap somewhere in the update process. But the work around has resolved it.

1 Like

I’m not seeing the update. I run Zwift on Android.

Not available yet: What are the latest Zwift Game and Zwift Companion app version numbers?

1 Like

Download took about 2 minutes, restart. log in. ride on!
New sections are really cool. Especially the Epic KOM Bypass. It will definitely increase number of riders going back and forth between Jungle and the rest of Watopia. Good job!

Not 100% sure @Paul_Allen, but my Withings Steel HR watch does display my HR during my activity, and it also displays that information on the associated Withings Health Mate app on my iPhone too if I chose to open that whilst exercising (doesn’t need to be open), so it seems to me that it is broadcasting, yes.

If it is broadcasting in Bluetooth in real-time then you would need to disconnect it from your phone AND the Withings App BEFORE starting Zwift. Bluetooth only allows on connection to any device or app at a time (one-to-one connection)

3 Likes

I can see the update in playstore. But it tells me, device isn’t compatible anymore. Last month it was compatible. Now it isn’t. My device has android 10, 3gb ram, enough gb free space and openGL 3.2. It should be enough.

Is anyone seeing crashes in the new update?

17 min ride … Zwift abruptly closes. Another ride … 17 minutes later closes.

Windows 7.

How about some more Cycling Pace Partners, 1.5 for DD up to 2.7 for CC is too big of a gap!!! How about a NEW HUD? How about you can toggle chat on and off with the companion app, how about Avg Speed or Avg Watts for a ride, how about switching routes with out having to end a ride …

1 Like

I keep hearing that Zwift is expending all efforts to make Zwift Easier, how can it be any easier?? Smart Trainer and Apple TV or a computer and connect!!!

1 Like