Game Update - December 17th, 2020

This update is not yet in Google play. Should it be?

Not on Apple TV or iPad either. Can often take longer than PC.

It sometimes takes a bit of time for it to be approved by Google. Similarly for the Apple App Store.

Nice update, thanks for your work! FYI, I had to bike 26,5km to unlock the Serpentine 8 badge! Just good to know! :wink: Really nice route by the way!

1 Like

You may want to look at the Logitech software and see about selecting the option that turns the F keys to always-on.

With the update also?

1 Like

@Dave_ZPCMR - do you have any thoughts on how the launcher would have any effect on the app it launches? I would have guessed that once the launcher had played its part to start the main program, that the launcher would just disappear into the background.

How do you download the latest update?

FYI - You can ride in any world any time by scheduling a meet up. Even if you invite just one person and they don’t go, you can still ride that world solo so you can ride France every day if you wish.

Not tested it yet in fairness. The update went absolutely fine on the old launcher so I left it be.

@Steve_1506 Absolutely no idea, it makes no sense to me. All I know is that back to back, I could bring about and eliminate noticeably poor performance just by switching which launcher is installed. Took minutes to swap between the two, and confirmed on multiple systems/setups. I’m quite picky on this stuff, so it jumps out to me very obviously. :wink:

My Android app doesn’t offer an update. How do i get it to do that?

It sometimes takes a little while for the update to.be approved in the Google Play Store. Hopefully it won’t be much longer.

Is there any reason that the Tour of New York isn’t appearing in the (Android) Companion App? Logging into the site allows me to sign up for the rides but then they only show in my upcoming Events if nothing else is before them. Weird.

Jeff - Eric’s replying to Dave_ZPCMR’s comment about F10 screenshots still being broken.

Eric - The community doesn’t know what the underlying issue is but you would hope that Zwift does. The issue was introduced following one of the updates a couple of months ago. It seems to be cross-platform and there seem to be a number of people not affected but that may be because they’re capturing their screenshots in a different way. The issue is that if you press F10, a screenshot is taken and saved to the folder as normal but then the upload screen either isn’t shown at the end of the ride or else it is but nothing’s uploaded regardless of the selections you make. If you take screenshots using the Companion app exclusively, everything works as normal. There’s a specific thread on this issue elsewhere in the forums.

2 Likes

Oh wow now I can exit and restart the app 4 times to ride the 4 new routes. Maybe someday my kids can change routes without exiting. What a joke

4 Likes

It’s always nice to hear so new updates, however I still wonder why us minority are not considered in these updates, we been requesting for such a long time to updates the country flags that are not active in the game. We are such a drop in the ocean that Zwift guys won’t even bother replying to our posts. It such heart breaking seeing other flags represented and you being there with a grey star flag, I wonder what other rider think when they see that generic flag… “ hum, interesting flag, I wonder what country is that!!! Let ask Google… Google: What a grey flag with a grey star flag From??? Google: Searching… Still searching… two day later… Not Found, try again later…

5 Likes

While free riding up the Epic Kom after crossing the suspension bridge I was unable to turn right on the new 2.7 km road, I could see the turn sign but it wouldn’t highlight. I went by and tried coming back still the same could not turn.

1 Like

I hopped on after the update at 8:30 pm pdt, windows 10 laptop that’s about 4 years old and not optimized for Zwift.

Ran fine in full screen mode no crashing.

Good morning. So where is it? What’s the version number? Need it for my Apple TV 4k

Here is the link: What are the latest Zwift Game and Zwift Companion app version numbers?

1 Like