Game Update 1.61 [March 2024]

I run ultra on PC, in a ladder race a couple of days ago I noticed I could see the shadows of riders using ghost. The small field made it easier to notice.

3 Likes

Please send me a DM when you have some time - Iā€™d like to get some more information from you to look into these crashes more. Thanks!

Hi @evan-zwift I donā€™t seem to have the permission to DM on the forum. If you send me an email at my profileā€™s/zwift userā€™s email address we can pick it up from there.

As usual, update on Apple TV appears to have broken the connection to iPhone companion and Apple Watch HRā€¦ā€¦AGAIN!

Garage organization again nowhere.

5 Likes

Seriously! I havenā€™t seen my Century Kit for weeks. I took the Automatic Cruiser out for a test ride. That was fun (albeit slow and heavy), but then it took me five minutes to find my Tron. I skipped a Big Spin event yesterday because I didnā€™t want another useless hat or socks Iā€™ll never wear.

1 Like

Agreed: the smudge doesnā€™t belong there, next to the ultra shadow in direct sunlight. Thatā€™s not how shadows look irl.

That being said, the halo is worse. It might be useful on an ipad, but itā€™s visually disturbing on my 50" monitor. My avatar looks like an afterthought ā€“ like it doesnā€™t belong in the scene. The halo is a barrier to the immersive effect; it breaks the illusion of being ā€œin the matrix.ā€
How about an option to turn it off? Or get rid of it. It seems unnecessary.

1 Like

You can turn off Rider Highlighting in settings

2 Likes

We should stop telling people this and just let them suffer for their incuriousness. :joy:

Sociopath? Me? Never. :innocent:

4 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: Lack of write access error [March 2024] [Launcher 1.1.12]

Not sure if related to this update, but noticed the bystanders was missing their bikes in the zwift booths around 400-500 meters after the finish line on Champs Elysees. Just a small bug but looks like some assets are missing

1 Like

Another update and more rides with multiple ā€œconnection disconnectedā€ notifications and ā€œcanā€™t uploadā€¦ā€ messages. Never fails for about the first week after an update.

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Lack of write access error [March 2024] [Launcher 1.1.12]

Have there been any reports of ERG issues? I have just tried to do a workout with my Tacx Neo Smart Bike and it was pretty much doubling the resistance. It was showing as holding at A but the readout on Zwift/bike was showing close to Ax2. It wouldnā€™t settle and was increasing the resistance just at a multiplied rate. Tried switching everything off and reloading etc, but no luck. The resistance feels fine in normal riding and reports correctly on the bike and in Zwift.

@Joakim_Lisson Thanks for reporting! Passed that back to the team.

1 Like

I did repeats on Climb Portal today with V1.61 on Android.

The first two reps were OK but when I turned around and entered the portal for 3rd time, I was no longer getting any Power Ups under each of the 10 arches.

Is that expected behaviour or a regression in V1.61?

Iā€™m have ERG issues with this update on iOS. My trainer firmware is up to date. Iā€™ve calibrated. Iā€™ve rebooted. Iā€™ve reinstalled zwift. It was working fine before the update. Help. Elite Tuo trainer.

Iā€™m having issues as well. Iā€™ve searched for a fix but havenā€™t found anything.

I have issues with the 1.61 - slow staggered loading, freezing the the mouse pointer has the blue ā€˜buffering circleā€™ - cantā€™ find HR in BLE or ANT - then shows power source and cadence disconnected then connected. Everything worked fine in 1.60 - no changes to win 11 PC. wifi at the same 39Mb, Iā€™ve tried uninstalling both game and launcher - restarting, on numerous occasions - the PC

Have you tried removing and reinstalling the ANT+ dongle? If that helps you may be experiencing this problem:

And if you have video screenshots available in settings, make sure itā€™s off.