Game Update 1.16 - August 19th, 2021

@Ben_W You may be on the previous game version. Can you confirm you’re on version 1.0.78621? If not, please update following these instructions. Once you’ve done so, can you confirm here if you’re still seeing the issue with the Madone? Ty!

Excited for the route progress bar as well! My most wanted feature add without a doubt.

Hi Daniel! Thanks so much for providing that feedback. The update I wrote to my original post was based on the experience I had when riding the two new Makuri routes released in this same update. I wasn’t free riding. So, Zwift did know where I was going and how far. But again, the only way I could figure out how many more kilometers I needed to ride to complete the routes (and get my Badges!) was through the mind games I described. Because one of the new routes is a loop (Farmland loop), I did notice that after completing the loop/route and beginning it again for a second time the UI did display how many more kilometers I needed to ride to complete the loop a second time. So, it appears they have already done a fair amount of the coding to implement what I suggest. They just need to expand the feature. In fact, based on your experience it appears they have already thought about this and smartly decided to include the metric for races. I believe it would be a plus feature not just for races, but when also setting out to complete a route.

Hi Wes, cool update this time. I’m loving the new dt Swiss rims… only one small issue I noticed this morning.
Keeping up with the haunted theme in zwift, I noticed that one of the citizens near the paddy fields in yumezi appeared as only a floating head with hands. His whole body was transparent… I will try and upload a screenshot. He is on the left of my avatar in the field. Thanks again Gav.

The new progress bar is nice indeed! But now I also want a counter showing how many times I have completed the lap in this session. Certainly on those short loops I tend to loose the count after 5 or 6 laps… What about displaying lap times while at it?

2 Likes

We’ve split off several reports of treadmills not pairing correctly after this update. If you are having those symptoms, please join us on this thread: Treadmill not recognized [August 2021] [1.16.0]

Can you include level unlocks on these. I am 35 and the DT Swiss appears to be 42. Would love to know for each item.

EDIT: spelling

1 Like

Yeah this. Still waiting for them to fix this bug a year ago.

Did Zwift also fixed, “FIXED ZWIFT WHERE ZWIFT HAS NO QA”?

1 Like

I have the level locks and prices listed on my article: Zwift update released August 2021 (1.16) - ZRace Central. Zwift insider also has it on their post.

1 Like

Thanks! That’s perfect. To be super nit picky you left off “level” from the “Canyon Ultimate CFR – 639,000 drops – 19” like all other items.

Thanks again! The disc wheel is the only item I cannot grab immediately.

No problem. Totally missed that! Did not mean to leave level out.

We’ve had a couple of reports of folks on AppleTV not experiencing resistance on their Kickr Bikes/trainers. If this sounds familiar, please hop over to this specific thread!

Can you fix the bug where upon completion of a hard Crit City race and you choose the option to leave the course it always brings you into the new world on a 5% climb. That’s the bug I’d like to see fixed.

This is a sort of joke, Zwift updates are never ‘rock solid.’ Ad evidenced by the comments following every update they are riddled with bugs, at best. Why not follow the same strategy with the Wahoo Direct Connect? Or even better, how about just ensuring that ALL future updates are ‘rock solid’ before releasing them? :crazy_face:

5 Likes

The companion app is still not working on most rides, we need some button or way to connect to the workout (Mac + IOS on the same wireless network)

I don’t see the route name on the new route progress bar. When you said that was part of this release, was that a mistake?

Nice uodate

You’re doing an event. It won’t show there.

Can you please let me know what is meant by “Added support for the Wahoo Element Rival watch.”?

Will this mean I can access Zwift through my Wahoo Rival watch or just workouts are now aligned or something else entirely?

I assume HR re-broadcast support… but would also like clarification as to what this means.

1 Like