Treadmill not recognized [August 2021] [1.16.0] [SOLVED]

This update broke the ability to connect using NFC/FTMS/GEM to relay treadmill data to zwift. Zwift can no longer find these devices.

10 Likes

After the update my iPad only connects to my runn as a bike trainer no as a running tracking device. So at the moment I can’t use it to track my treadmill running.

9 Likes

I have exactly the same problem. I had to connect the treadmill to a non updated versiĂłn of Zwift on my phone, to do the workout, since the updated version on my AppleTV device dosent recognize the treadmill.

Please help!!

8 Likes

Hi I’m a ATV user and have the same problem. Wahoo Kickr and treadmill are shown in ride section. Wahoo Kickr works as it should but treadmill can’t connect as a running tracking device. On iPad (not updated yet) no problems with pairing.

2 Likes

I updated Zwift on my Android tablet and phone and neither were capable of recognizing my Horizon 7.4 AT treadmill, despite my devices seeing the treadmill’s bluetooth connection and the “AFG Connected Fitness” working fine. Reinstall did nothing. Zwift could see my heart rate monitor, though.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply. Do you know if Zwift are aware and fixing this please friend? Thanks

1 Like

Hey all - we’ve split your reports into this dedicated thread, and we’re investigating this. So far the common threads are that this impacts the mobile OS version of 1.16.0 (i.e. iOS / Apple TV / Android).

EDIT: For runners that have Zwift installed on iOS / Apple TV / Android devices: it might be advisable to hold off on updating to v1.16.0 in the short term.

@Bart_Sluijer
I looked at one of your connection attempts from a macBook running v1.16.0, and an i-console something is paired as run speed sensor to the laptop successfully. Is this your treadmill? Did it in fact pair to the laptop?

2 Likes

If I already update how can I do

5 Likes

Same issue with Technogym Myrun treadmill and Zwift on iPad. Hopefully it gets fixed soon

3 Likes

Very frustrating. Technogym myrun using most recent firmware won’t pair with iPad (running OS v14.7.1) following Zwift 1.16 installation.

The treadmill will pair with iPad to use technogym app (so it’s not Bluetooth or treadmill issue) and Zwift pairs with my Garmin fenix 6 watch so appears to be a specific problem with Zwift and the treadmill.

C’mon Zwift sort it out.

4 Likes

same problem Apple TV won’t find MYRUN treadmill

2 Likes

Thanks, but we’re set to auto-update on my iPad so I didn’t have a choice. What can you do to fix this? I use Zwift for my long-run on the weekends. I spent 20+ minutes trying to figure out why this wasn’t working and I don’t have that time during the day.
This needs to be fixed immediately.

7 Likes

Same problem. Schwinn 810 treadmill is not recognized anymore on both iPad and an Android phone.

3 Likes

Hi guys, same problem here, it happens on my Apple TV 4k , my PC and iOS app. So basically almost all know platforms are affected by this issue. Zwift no longer recognizes my Amazfit Airrun as treadmill but instead a power source for cycling. It’s really frustrating.

3 Likes

My Spirit XT685 smart treadmill won’t connect on the run option in Zwift but will in the bike option when pairing devices. Known issue I know, just adding in my issue for visibility.

3 Likes

Any idea when we can expect a fix? Is there a work around for those of us that has already updated?

4 Likes

Hi Shuji - thank you for helping alleviate some stress with the 1.16.0 issue by being there as a voice. However, many Zwifters cannot now run on Zwift, which means a lot to many people. What if anything is being or will be done to sort out 1.16.0? Most have auto update, the update has been done. How can we inform Zwift and get the action this needs. Ive emailed but not too helpful on that. Thanks for you time and help Shuji

7 Likes

Well this update doesn’t appear to be as good as it could have been. My Noble treadmill is not available for selection in run pairing, but is in ride pairing - yes Stryd is avaiable as both speed and cadence - but only on Ant+!! Stryd is available on ride in both BLE and Ant+. WTAF? (There are no other devices BLE paired with Stryd!)

On ride pairing I do indeed still have all devices available on both protocols (BLE and. Ant+ ) where supported, so Neo2, 4iiii power meter, Stryd!, Noble Treadmill! for speed, power and control (where applicable).

I am ok, as I can still run using Stryd. Really though Zwift. Is this really acceptable.

Platform tested is Win 10.

2 Likes

Same problem, Technogym MyRun with latest software and Apple TV. The Treadmills are seen as power meters when using Zwift for cycling.

2 Likes

Same problem with the NPE Runn sensor on ATV.

2 Likes