FTP Test

Same issue. Went through all the warmup routines fine. I felt the resistance adjust appropriately until I started the 20min FTP test. I was in the highest gear spinning out at 120 RPM and only hitting 165 watts. Very disappointed. Zwift can clearly control resistance because that works in normal ride mode and worked in the FTP warmup. :confused:

Same issue. Using iOS, Bluetooth with a Kickr2. Warm up fine but no resistance once the test started. This is clearly a Zwift issue. Please advise us what to do!!

I also have the same problem with my CycleOps Hammer, already update firmware to the newest one. Resistance button on mobile link app doesn’t work in the main 20 min. Resistance just keep the same number with last step before, Even already shift to my hardest gear and a crazy spin. I solve this problem by turn off ERG before testing start.

I also wasted an hour yesterday only to find that during the 20 minute portion of the FTP test I was just spinning out.

I’m using an original kickr on the latest firmward and i’d only just completed a full spindown at the end of the previous ride.  I was using iOS connecting over Bluetooth and to a variety of Bluetooth sensors.

This was the first time that i’d used Zwift for anything other than just riding about so was disappointed that it couldn’t handle something as simple as an FTP test.  It doesn’t bode well for using any of the other training features.

I think i’m going to go back to TrainerRoad at the end of this months subscription as this has never given me any issues with my kickr.

I tried the FTP test on TrainerRoad to see if it really was a problem with my kickr. The test ran successfully. So the only difference was the software managing it leads me to believe there is a problem with the Zwift FTP test.

I am also having the same problem with wahoo kicks snap. warm up session goes fine, 245 watts seems hard but then that maybe just me. then at 20 min start point i am spinning at 100+ cadence with 130 watts?? running 2.2.51 firmware does not seem quite right. some assistance would be fantastic.

Cheers John

Zwift is there any update on this issue? 

I opened a support ticket for this problem and the response i got was this,

I think you’ve run into an issue we are still working on unfortunately. There is a current, fairly rare, issue where ERG mode doesn’t disengage properly. Right now, it seems that the fix is to un-pair and then re-pair the trainer. However, that is far from ideal.

If you’d like, I’d be happy to place your ticket on hold while we work on this issue. While I don’t have a timeline, I will update you as soon as we have a fix."

I have not tried it yet if anyone does please post an update here.

I use an ELITE QUBO DIGITAL SMART B+, Please could you add the resistance buttons on the APP for RACING too? Many thanks

Shaun,

What are you hoping to accomplish by adding resistance buttons for racing?

On the flat and downhill sections my smart trainer doesn’t produce enough resistance for me to produce enough wattage to keep up with the group.

Shaun,

What do you have your difficulty set at?

@ John Paterson

Will you please update us when and if the get back to you on this? 

Thanks!

will do!

@ Paul Allen

I have tried 0%, 25%, 50%, 75% and 100%. All stil have the downhill and flat problem of lack of resistance. There is no problem when I’m going uphill, the resistance adaptation is great in fact.

Shaun,

You really should have started a new thread since your issue has nothing to do with a FTP test.

What gearing do you have on your bike?

Did you do a calibration before starting the ride?

@Paul Allen

Ok, I’ll look at creating a new thread. P.S. I love zwift :slight_smile:

Im hitting the same issue. It’s very disappointing. Once I hit my cadence of 100 the watts just drop.  I got up to 120+ Rpms and the watts continue down. zwift quality issues as of late?  I only ride once a week now and I’ve been having issues the last 2 weeks.   A group ride crashed on me 4 times last week and put a swift end to the group ride.   Wasted my time again tonight with this ftp test. 

Hi David,

This sounds like a separate issue and I see you already have a support ticket open, so we’ll just take it from there.

Thanks!

I’ve been following this thread for about a year and assumed a solution would exist by now.
Joined the Zwift Academy and tried to kick it off with the FTP test on my kickr 1 witg updated firmware, MacBook Pro (old but working well), ANT+, and a Power2Max PM.
Got to the 20min hard part, erg disengaged and off I went… All the way up to 170W at 130rpm and no higher… adjusted the resistance up on the MacBook (my phone was not close, because relentless work emails don’t help with focus). A 10% increase was all that I was allowed to do - this made no difference.
I can do this test this all the same gear on TrainerRoad or even better, on the road or I can take a pretty good stab at my FTP so this is not a major for me. But Zwift is so good at everything else! Get this fixed and you are the ultimate all rounder! It’s almost like since launching all the workouts and wonderful integration with Today’s Plan, they want to leave something for TrainerRoad to excell at!
Sorry that was so long winded, coffee kicked in part way. Ride On people!!