Freezing middle of ride

You’re completely right but sadly that’s the first steps I did (memtest, cputest, ssd test) and so far nothing.
Im still looking for a way to pinpoint what could be wrong;

right now Im on WIFI in the basement, I have no issue with youtube 4K or online gaming but maybe something is off for zwift, Ill try running an RJ45 down there

Fwiw same thing happening to me on a new laptop with an Intel Iris Pro 10th gen graphics. I don’t know the cause but the system is fully updated on OS and drivers. Sometimes 30 mins sometimes 50 mins in. Nothing showing on the logs that would indicate a reason. And freezes only happening since mid June. The only thing I can say is that’s it’s very upsetting during a race …

Hi @A_Child

Did you put the log files of the rides that froze in Zwiftalizer.com.

Look at your frame rate FPS in large group rides, if it drop below 15 you will start to have issues.

For PC/Windows 10 with devices connnected through companion App, I’ve had 90% of my sessions freeze recently.

After working with zwift support I’m now at 3hrs without a crash, still not sure 100% fix but I would recommend:

Main issue was likely Bluetooth drivers related EVEN THOUGH I was connected through companion App.
So delete your BT drivers/devices and let your up to date win10 reinstall devices and drivers.

Other tuning to consider:
Run zwift as Administrator
Purge Internet Explorer cache
Make sure WIFI signal is good enough (I swapped to ETH)

Good luck

If you are on a windows PC then you should try to use ANT+. ANT+ is a lot more stable that Bluetooth, in all my testing.

1 Like

I can see a drift in fps, going below 15. It could be the cause, at least for sure there is correlation.

• Dell XPS 13 9300 (Intel 10th gen) - group ride w/ 50 riders - start FPS at 50, but over time I can see the rate drifting all the way to 15 fps; same config but group ride of 5 I see FPS constant about 25-30 fps. It seems like overheating or a driver issue (although I have tested both the Dell and the Intel drivers).
  • Dell XPS 9360 (Intel 8th gen) - group ride w/ 50 riders - remains constant about 25-30 fps. No drift.

I use ANT+ only, but I do leave Bluetooth (music / earbuds) and WIFI enabled (although it’s wired). I will test disabling bluetooth, wifi, and switch off all RF around and do a wired setup, but I doubt this would be a cause of freezes.

I think I am ready to claim mine is resolved, the longest ride I have done is 1.5 hours but out of 4 rides no freezing.

I think for me the RAM was the key piece.

1 Like

Having the same issue. Ride freezes but for me it can be 2min to 1 hour into the ride. The music keeps going but the screen just freezes. Zwift customer support seems to be non existent save that for another day I have hardwired my internet into my pc, reinstalled swift, made sure my OS and graphics driver is up to date. Very frustrated. What would people recommend next. I am not a big computer person so very specific directions would be helpful. I am going for a ride soon and will can post my log file when it happens if that would help.

1 Like

Also I have my frame rate on LOW

I ended up giving up on zwift and went back to only trainer road. Not a single crash on TR.

3 Likes

I have been fighting this for 3 years and I too feel like its time to leave zwift. I was thinking rouvy?

I had the same problem on my Windows 10 laptop. I paused Onedrive from syncing before opening Zwift, so far this seems to be working.

Interesting, may try turning off that sync, I’m back to using older laptop as it is reliable with no in-game freezes.

Hi, I’m joining this club of riders with a ride freeze in de middle of a ride. Today it happened 2 times in a row during a workout. It was 2 times the same workout on the same track and first time it stopped after 30 minutes and the second time after 40+ minutes. Extremely annoying.

I will be testing some of the advice I read in this discussion thread. I hope it will save my day, if not, I’ll share my best insights on the problem and hope to receive Zwift or community support.

Ride on …

Are you running on a laptop with integrated graphics, by any chance?

Hi Steve, Indeed a laptop, more specific a Microsoft Surface Pro 7 Model 1866 i7

I’m afraid that you’ve almost certainly hit the ongoing issue with Zwift and the latest couple of generations of Intel integrated graphics. Zwift are supposedly working on it but there’s no current workaround other than using a different device for Zwift that doesn’t have this problem.

Zwift Crashing/Freezing Mid ride - #308 by Tony_Romo

1 Like

Hi Steve, thx for your feedback. When looking in the thread I think I’ll go for the apple TV solution

1 Like