"Free ride" sections of workouts don't disengage ERG mode on Wattbike Atom

Same issue for me on my Apple TV on Wattbike

• Free ride sections are a no-go and cannot change gears and resistance remains from last ERG interval
  • When disengage ERG in short workout intervals (ERG is too slow to react) I cannot see or don’t know the gear I am in.
  • Please can Zwift show the Atom gears in workout mode.
2 Likes

@Shuji_Sakai any word on whether or not you’ve been able to reproduce the issue on ATV and when we might expect a fix? This really ruins the Zwift Workout experience on the Wattbike Atom.

2 Likes

Still not fixed. It’s damned annoying that this problem that has been ongoing for over a year and Zwift/Wattbike are aware of but can’t/won’t fix it.

There is a reset sequence for the right shifter not operating properly https://support.wattbike.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360000388625-Right-hand-shifter-disconnecting
It worked for me

I also reported this when I realised ATV/Wattbike combo would stick on the last ERG setting instead of releasing to Gears Mode. This issue remains live for me.

1 Like

I’m new to Zwift - about a month - and tried my first custom workout with a free ride section in and also had the same issue. I’m using a Wattbike Atom and Apple TV 4th Gen. Also was having problem of sticking in Erg mode at the end of the workout at cooldown wattage but Alison’s tip to switch the bike off and on and then re-pair and carry on seems to sort that out even though it’s pretty clumsy. I now use a stick to reach the switch without unclipping and getting off and back on again!

Pretty bad that this has been known for a year and not sorted.

1 Like

So this is STILL a problem and it’s really spoiling the Zwift Academy Workouts. It’s doable to unpair and pair (and back again afterwards) for the 8-min free ride in ZA WO1, although it does reduce the average W for the interval because you’re not able to pedal for the time it takes to unpair/pair. I haven’t done WO2 yet but I’m going to try doing that with erg mode switched off from the start.

Zwift have known about this issue for quite some time (over a year)… so frustrating.

2 Likes

Same issue for me using a Samsung tablet.

Hi

Can we please have this problem fixed now?
It’s rediculous that a problem and a trouble ticket can be opened for such a long time without a solution. It can’t be that bloody hard to locate the problem and fix it.

If you need logs why not create a dev version that sends logs to you and invite some users using Test Flight.

Anyway I can reproduce the problem every time I do a workout. The only way out except never use ERG is to jump off pull the power for a few seconds and turn on again.

// Björn

I’ve had this issue yesterday and today using a Samsung S9 connected via Bluetooth.

Yesterday I was doing road academy workout 1 and today it was workout 2.

It’s really disappointing to put the effort in but when it really counts i.e sprint segments I can’t generate any power so I won’t be continuing with the academy and probably not zwift for much longer now I know where the problem lies. Come on Zwift, get it sorted!

Makes the Zwift Academy useless to anyone with a Wattbike Atom/ATV. I had hoped there might be a workaround with a laptop ant+ combination. I tried riding by starting the ride with ERG off. Just goes straight into incline mode but no response to trigger controls.

Did you try to adjust the resistance with the incline button on the companion app or on screen button.

I did indeed. Pushed the incline to the max but no real change. I came out of the previous segment doing 150w on erg but needed to push the watts to 350+ at 100rpm. Not possible. Once I exited the workout to just ride gears worked fine. So going into the academy 1 with erg off goes straight to incline. So forced to switch erg on. This is the second time I have attempted academy 1. Just doesn’t work for atv/Wattbike atom. Not sure what I can do without helping you guys debug why zwift goes to incline mode.

1 Like

For me a workaround for Road Academy was to, start and stay in incline mode all the way until the freeride sections were over, then turn ERG on.

Really annoying not to see what gear I was in, but it worked well enough.

Still the same behavior for me with the WattBike Atom and ATV. Really frustrating Zwift development haven’t fixed it yet nor even given us feedback of when they will. I thought the company relationship between WattBike and Zwift was fairly cozy, but this is making me think they don’t get along very well or aren’t really as involved with development and testing of either’s products very much.

For now I’m doing free rides and the functionality is near perfect, just wish the “thumb” buttons executed turns or had other configurable outputs like giving a localized Ride On. It’s a great bike, and Zwift is a great platform, but they don’t integrate well together, at least not when using the Apple TV.

1 Like

2020 academy
Apple TV 4K
Wattbike atom

Free ride still unusable with latest firmware.

Works from iPad though

A fix would be lovely.

1 Like

I’ve given up waiting for this to be fixed so I’ve switched to using https://fulgaz.com/ - their platform works perfectly with my Apple TV/Wattbike Atom.

1 Like

@Shuji_Sakai can you help find what the status is of this bug in the developer queue? It’s preventing people with a Wattbike Atom and an Apple TV from using Zwift Academy effectively, and it really needs to be resolved.

2 Likes

get a proper direct driver trainer like elite drivo xr and the problem is solved,I had atom for about 1 year and u can’t compare it with riding your own bike on an elite trainer!!! 16.000km of zwift and level 40 so i know what i’m talking about.

Excellent. Now I’ve got a new standard for “least helpful thing on the internet” after your post.

Very helpful. Now, back to the matter in hand - zwift, could you address the bug please?