Four Horseman route completed but not badge not earned?

Hi @Matthew_Conway I feel your pain as this was my experience a few weeks back when I started this thread :weary:

Seems Zwift are aware of the problem, however the constant messaging we are getting is badges cannot be awarded after the fact and the only way we will be awarded the badge is if we re-do the route (once a fix has been put into place) - not exactly what anyone wants to hear!

Without understanding the way the Zwift platform is built I still find their response of being unable to apply a badge after the fact as puzzling. They have a platform that consists of 10 virtual worlds, supporting 30,000 concurrent users, but awarding a badge is not possible?! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Zero updates re: when a fix will be in place and zero communications to customers about the fact 2 of the most challenging routes (Uber Pretzel and Four Horsemen) are not awarding badges - it’s no suprise people are getting frustrated by this lack of engagement.

2 Likes

I put something in the Zwift Oz group as lack of comms is disappointing for people thinking of doing these big routes. Hopefully save a few more people adding to this chat over the weekend!

@Courtenay_Lee_Shoy, it sure is annoying - I’ve been a zwift user since 2017 (mostly as a winter only user) since then I’ve got most of the short and medium route badges (everything less than 60km), but none of the longer routes as I’ve never had the gumption to sit on the trainer for long enough to complete one. Sadly though, the one time I felt in the mood for a long session on the trainer I didn’t get any XP for completing the longer route; the only positive takeaway is I got 2000m closer to unlocking the tron bike along with pretty brutal workout!

Four Horsemen ridden today, no badge no XP. Ouch.

After a week still nothing from Zwift. Money in pocket now, please build a new team to solve this problems, not giving excuses.

Zwift sales team are more proactive to solve payment issue rather than solve technical issue.

Hey everyone, wanted to give you all an update on this one!

Right now, we are currently working on the fix for the issue you’ve all been good enough to report (and notice is still happening).

We are hoping to get the fix out in a timely manner, which means in the next few weeks with a future game release. However - and I stress this - nothing in development is certain until it’s in the update and installed on your machine. So please understand that we really are working on it and we really have been looking at your logs to help us narrow it down. I’ve also seen the great troubleshooting by Rustem, who took the time to get deep into the checkpoints in the log files.

The “fix” doesn’t mean you’ll get a badge, at least not right now. I’m sorry that’s the case, and I don’t like having to write it. What it will mean, though, is that you should be able to get the badges for these routes post-update.

We are working on the ability to be able to retroactively add badges, as many of you know the pain of not seeing that reward following a ride, be it long or short. We here at the office are also not immune to the… quirks of Zwift; as Zwifters, we’re right there with you. Again, there are a lot of obstacles to overcome in getting this out on our end.

I wanted to let you all know that this thread and your effort hasn’t been for naught, as well as hopefully provide a little more context and clarity where I can. It’s a tough situation, and your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to report, read, and respond. You are what makes Zwift great.

Ride On.

10 Likes

he should get paid for doing your work.

The “fix” doesn’t mean you’ll get a badge, at least not right now. I’m sorry that’s the case, and I don’t like having to write it.

no solace really

Same here. Just now.

Hi @xflintx
Thanks for the update on this. I am disappointed the badge can’t be awarded after the fact and I will need to redo the route (once the update has been confirmed), however in a way I have 2 choices:
a) crack the sads, walk away and be bitter
b) get over the disappointment and annoyance and try again when the update is a go

Personally it takes too much energy to be continuously mad, so I think I i will go with option b)

I will say when I wasn’t awarded the badge I was extremely annoyed, to the point where I started looking at other online platforms to ride on. Thankfully I am past that annoyance and just more like “well sh** hey, I am going to have to ride that damn 4 Horsemen route again”. Hopefully other riders will be just forgiving , although I am sure there will be some who will never forgive :grimacing:

Given this is a known bug with the Four Horsemen and Uber Pretzel routes, can I suggest some form of comms to your customer base, via email or an announcement through the companion app, posting on official Facebook Group, etc? People may not read what you send out, but I figure it’s better to be on the front foot about it instead of this thread growing bigger with “hey that happened to me too!” entries.

2 Likes

Hi @Barry_Stewart_LGP_CI Ouch - I know the feeling! A couple of people have tried riding it multiple times aka double the pain.
Sounds lik Zwift have acknowledged the issue and working on it.
Apparently we can’t be awarded the badge after the fact which I still find puzzling :woozy_face:

I won’t be re-trying the route again (it’s my last route for the full set!) until there is an update with notes confirming the route has been fixed.

So your going to let it linger as it is, for an opened time. At the very least you should put a warning on when choosing the routes in question as a hot fix. Please don’t say this is beyond zwifts capabilities.

1 Like

I remembered trying The 4 Horsemen on my recent attempt. The first sign of problem was evident when I did not register on the Volcano KOM checkpoint despite crossing the banner. From my experience with Zwift, no timing meant it never happened.

Since it was early into the ride, I aborted the attempt prematurely than risk a huge disappointment after 90km.

3 Likes

Another mee tooo - five hours of sweat, and not tears at an unforgivable bug.

Software engineering was my career for many years - regression testing and test harnesses are harder than code, but c’mon!

Emailed a request more in hope than expectation.

Fed up! (With sore legs!)

Hi @James_Derrick based on the most recent post by @xflintx functionality to be awarded the badge after the fact isn’t going to happen for a while. Fix is coming so the badge will be awarded, if you ride the route again. Not great news but after pushing this issue for 2 weeks (when I first noticed it), I’ve come to accept I’ll just re-ride the route once the update comes through.

Wouldn’t say it’s the answer or solution I was after, but I’m glad we got Zwift to act on the issue to an extent :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I wish I had read about this issue on this forum or been informed by Zwift regarding this Badge Bug before I rode the Four Horsemen route today :frowning::frowning::angry::angry::hot_face::hot_face:

2 Likes

Hi @Bernie_Reygate it’s disappointing Zwift haven’t communicated this more broadly via channels like email, companion app announcements, FB postings, etc. It’s a known issue that is unfortunately people are finding out about “after the fact” :disappointed:

3 Likes

yeh been 3 weeks and communications / updates / notification has been very poor. you would think support their staff after receiving some enquiries would investigate then post a message up somewhere on social media or in game about this.

@Tony_Dang

Last update was 2days ago. And it has been weekend in the USA

Rode this the other day with no badge awarded. At first annoyed, but hey riding it again will just make me stronger. The badges are fun to collect but getting too upset about them defeats the whole purpose.

1 Like

i was talking about this issue in general as a whole, its been pi55 poor. clearly wasn’t and still isn’t communicated well as more and more users still ride and without achieving badges.

1 Like