Four Horseman route completed but not badge not earned?

Hey, Zwift Support,

I want to help you a little bit with this issue on Uber Pretzel and Four Horseman.

As nothing changes with this case I’ve tried to make my own investigation. The main problem was to understand what should I find in this 250k lines log file. But here is the result:

after update Zwift have problem with triggering first checkpoint while descending from Radio Tower. That’s why you are OK on Mega Pretzel, but have problems with Uber Pretzel and Four Horseman (May be you can also have problems on shorter routes including Radio Tower as segment like Mountain 8, but this have to be confirmed).

Why I think so?

Zwift has 2 counters to track your movement along the route: Intersection Index (1 segment=1 click, usually 1 segment is a part of the road between 2 intersections, but sometimes 2 segments concatenated without intersection) and Check Point Index (between 2 turns can be from 0 to 100/200 check points).

So Uber Pretzel has 89 intersections and 1181 (1157) check points.

As user you can see almost all intersections and this will lead you to the end of your route.

But looks like Zwift tracking badges based on Check Points. While you continuously ride through Check Points this counter increases, but when you miss some Check Point counter stops. For Uber Pretzel it stops at 141 - you start descending from Radio Tower with that amount of Check Points. When you get down and return to main road you should have 149 points, but no - you missed one at the top.

So after 4 more hours after this moment at the top of AdZ you still will have 141 point instead of 1181 and badge will not be awarded.

Why this checkpoint wasn’t triggered requires additional check.

So let’s wait until next update.

Ride On!

PS My special thanks to @Mateo_Zarandy_ZHU_Ou for his log file so I could confirm my hypothesis. He was the only one who wasn’t afraid to share his log file to me.

13 Likes