Fence still does not work! Did ZWIFT actually do anything?

The fence still doesn’t work properly despite being way behind the fence last night in a group ride I continually got the WARNING.

I’m 5 metres in front of the beacon that’s all and way way BEHIND the fence so why do i have to look at this warning all ride.

I have a fast PC and decent with no Wifi issues as PC is hard wired to the router.

Pointless letting ZWIFT support know as they take a week to come back to you and mostly fob you off to get the call closed.

ZWIFT haven’t fixed the fence at all its pathetic.

What group ride was that?

Did you put your log file in Zwiftalizer.com and look at your frame rate and network?

Was there other people that saw the same warning?

I’m not the OP but the fence is a mess on AppleTV. Frequently getting the warning when behind fence by a large margin, exactly as being discussed.

Same here, a few of us on AHDR yesterday got the warning, I couldn’t go more forward than mid pack (+/-360 riders), I logged a TT with help desk.

Well it got even BETTER tonight … I got the warning when BEHIND the yellow beacon …and wait for it BEHIND the RED beacon.
USELESS !

@O_ne_Eyed_Jack: Did you put your log file in Zwiftalizer.com and look at your frame rate and network?

Gerrie … I have an i7 cpu with SSD and a high end graphics card … hard wired to a FAST broadband router. The PC is fully patched up too. There is a real problem with the efficiency of ZWIFTs code in larger groups.
In some respects its a fair question but where I am at the moment with this it really does frustrate me casting doubts on my set up when the fence had major problems months ago and frankly still does.