Family and Child Plan Request

Definitely needed when family members share the same trainer - obviously cannot both zwift at the same time.
Zwift needs to do the “right thing” and create a family plan.

Hi @Joe_Guenther

You know kids under 16 are free.

3 Likes

They already do , In a far more fair way that a Family plan . Users under 16 are Free.

Your proposed “Family plan” is actually to change the subscription to per trainer not per user ?
There is nothing wrong with suggesting that , but has been rejected many times and would be a fairly substantial change to the entire platform to implement this which is coupled in many places to user login uniqueness. Given the backlog of other more pressing matters I think this is therefore unlikelt rto be taken up any time soon without a strong business case.

1 Like

Graham, yes. I understand that kids under 16 are free.
Having me and my wife on a single plan, but two separate users would be very very handy.

JG

I Netflix style setup would be great and simplify things (there’s 4 users in our family and two are under 16). One username/password to log-in and manage the account and then user profiles for the four of us.

you know that the two under 16 is free

2 Likes

Yes, I do and for me it’s not about the money. 4 users that’s 4 accounts, 4 emails, 4 different log-ins. Not overly hard to manage but could definitely be streamlined (particularly when it comes to the kids accounts).

3 Likes

Jeez - i can see in this post people constantly pointing out that kids under 16 are for free - like it is a holy grail. 3 years old post that I (and most of people here) see as half empty glass.
I don’t see it that Zwift would top up that glass until more people migrate to other “competitors”.
It is going to take some time - as Zwift is simply popular in “regular” user world - due to the social aspects of it.

Handy is what respect ? What is currrently difficult to just manage two logins using two different passwords to login seperately .

Currently the only reason shared seems to be to get some sort of discount for additional users .
So why do you think “family” qualifies for this when any other group of users should not .

Agree completely, as they did not resolve it during the last 3 years, they will not resolve it. We are moving to Rouvy.

1 Like

It might be something like „only one person can be logged in actively“ which lowers the server traffic of a family in comparisom to single cyclists.

But generally I see your point why family should be supported.

From my perpective it may help in some cases to get someone interested who is generally not cycling a lot but too much for the free kilometers.

My Wife e.g cycles ~ 0-40km per week with no effort wishes. And for that (lets sas 60km a month) she doesn‘t want to pay the fee. I can understand that.

Thoug she wouldn’t use the training plans it feels not completely unfair to give her a family Account.

Maybe something like

• only one family memeber cycling at the same time
  • only 2 users over 18
  • one of them max. 50km a week
  • max. 2 Teenagers each max. 50km a week
3 Likes

Just FYI, Rouvy offers the family plan. Might be time to switch.

2 Likes

Also note that Zwift do offer free accounts for 5-15 year olds so that does make up for the lack of family plan depending on the age of your kids.

Still no family membership like on other cycling platfomrs? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

We have 4 Zwift users in our family. It would be amazing if there could be a discounted bundle deal for a family, with one monthly payment. eg: my friend pays $40/month for her family of 5 to use Peloton. Zwift, would you consider?

1 Like

Kids under 16 are free: The at Home Cycling & Running Virtual Training App

1 Like

After joining Zwift 3 months ago my wife is wanting to join in. After researching looks like we are off to Rouvy. Listen to your customers!

2 Likes

I’m a customer too, and more than happy for you to go to Rouvy rather than claim that your choice of social arrangement entitles you to some special benefit.

2 Likes

Waste of time and energy, as this is a Zwift issue, but thanks for expressing your unhappiness with your ‘social arrangement’. Happy soloing!

It’s not a zwift issue. It’s an issue for all those that expecting a discount for a service for no reason.

Kids go free if other platforms offer family packages that’s great people are free to switch if they provide a better service for the cost but right now Zwift is market leader and for you money at full price compared to other platforms even at discount/family pricing it still seems like zwift is the better value for most so I don’t see them cutting prices and reducing revenue