Family and Child Plan Request

I have two daughters at home due to Covid restrictions (university etc) and my wife. Non are keen cyclists but they like to hop on the turbo trainer once in a while. I only have 1 x turbo trainer. Surely it makes MASSIVE financial sense to offer a family membership at say 150% of single membership with just ONE member allowed to ride at any time. Zwift would get 50% more than they are going to get right now as I just won’t pay for another membership for casual use. We need to grab young riders NOW if we want to build the Wiggins, the Froomes and the Thomas’s of tomorrow. Look at it as an INVESTMENT - these family members will probably want their own full account in a few years when they move out.

A huge RIDE ON for ZWIFT if / when they add a fair family plan …

1 Like

Just found this forum when searching for Zwift family membership as it isn’t offered on the app or member page. I am on a 7 day trial just now and unfortunately paying 14.99 each for four of us in the family is out of reach. I see this thread goes back to 2018 so I guess nobody at Zwift actually reads it otherwise things would either have changed or there would be a statement somewhere from them.
I see above a few people talking about Rouvy. I haven’t heard of that before but will take a look and see. I am using Peleton just now at work which is used by about 15 of us but would prefer to get a more bike ride feel than spin… Let’s see, maybe it’s too expensive to change.

+1 for Family / household plan. 41.3k views, seems like free money for Zwift if they bother!

Views do not bother, but votes should - 656 does not seem to be enough…

This is definitely needed, or at least be able to have 2 persons on the same acompt. At the moment Zwift appears more interested in making money than doing things for the community/family users.

Netflix and Amazon Video are doing it !

Family sharing is a much needed feature. Zwift competitor Rouvy allows up to 2 family members to share a master account for free. Each family member has his or her own account, but only the master-account holder pays the $12.99/mo Rouvy subscription–similar to Apple’s family subscription.

Family plans (additional family members pay a nominal fee), shared family subscriptions (2-3 free add-on accounts), or a combination of both (2 free accounts and then $4.99/mo for each additional family member) should be seriously considered, or Zwift will find itself losing loyal members.

1 Like

I agree this is definitely a MUST HAVE feature !

Yeah, explaining it away like online games doesn’t make sense. This feels more like a Spotify or Netflix subscription even if it has strong game elements. It’s a content subscription and those are all done by household. And allow multiple users at once but I think people would be happy with one user at once in most case shere.

And many online games allow you to have multiple avatars/characters. I’ve 100% played online games with my wife without buying two copies of it. We’ve switched characters for a lot but there are also ones like Diablo 3 on the Switch where we can play at the same time locally even though there are heavy online components.

At least, that’s my initial impression. I’m still looking into what system I want to jump into and this is factoring in strongly. Sounds like there still hasn’t been any news/movement on this?

Insane that Zwift does not have a family account option. I’m not looking for multiple concurrent users, We only have one turbo trainer in the house. We just need a more cost effective way to allow myself, my wife and two daughters to enjoy Zwift.

Please sort this out ASAP.

1 Like

Definitely a MUST HAVE! A spouse account with significant discount would help a lot for brand loyalty! Win-win.

Logged in again in the hope a family plan has been started. It would be good to merge all related threads as it looks like they are so fragmented Zwift are not seeing the gravity of the situation. We have one trainer and up to 4 users. No way will we ever pay full price for more than one rider. Neither should zwift expect us to. So looks like no family plan so will miss out again on sharing rides and stats. Other than the stats and shared rides the zwift platform is nowhere near as good as my FREE Tacx advance training TTS 4 software. My trainer is controlled much better with Tacx. So We are stuck using different software per rider. Such a shame.

Also. No point having a Zwift forum without input from official from Zwift. Anyone from Zwift like to comment on the madness of missing out on so many extra accounts?

Anyway off to ride on Tacx till things change

All the new threads I see regarding this request are directed here. There is no fragmentation of this request as far as I know.

2 Likes

Thanks for reply.

I thought there was over 1000 requests since this began. I cant see the 680 previous requests at least. It would be good for a representative of Zwift to let people know the prospects of this happening. Rouvy and Tacx are my only options but I feel isolated and forced into that decision for making the common sense decision not to opt for one turbo trainer costing £52 per month to train. Perhaps a vote to see true feelings out there. It makes no difference to Zwift as they have ignored folk up till now anyway. So how’s about we poll Zwift for a poll?

I take it there is no news on this? I was really dissapointed when they removed the ability to change between Male / Female in Game now you have to request it. I have been subscribed to Zwift since the beginning and recently got my 65 y/o mother onto Zwift and she shares my account. My Father has his own account, and they can now Zwift together.

Its sad to see that Zwift has not implemented a way to have multiple avatars on one account. This is so simple in almost every other paid service. At least give back the ability to have M/F at our own discretion.

I realise any business has to make money but Zwift has all but forgotten about providing good customer services.