Family and Child Plan Request

Just have to chime in here because it’s absolutely crazy that there cannot be a “Family Plan” so my wife and children could also be introduced to the world of Zwift. The standard answer from ZWIFT is that “everyone needs to their own account like any online game”. That is bullocks. This is not an online game in that sense and having to swap bikes every time we want to use our one trainer is one glaring example of how this is different. It’s not as simple as just logging in to my xbox. Let’s address the need that clearly exists from paying customers. Why Zwift is so averse to addressing this is short sighted. Let’s get it together Zwift. Let’s make it easy to bring in family members to this Zwift world and stop being so greedy. Your user base and revenue will follow if you simply act on behalf of the customer.

20 Likes

Kids under 16 are free, just in case you weren’t aware: Kids Under 16 Ride Free on Zwift | Zwift Insider

Your wife would need her own account under the current arrangement. They said in early May that the unprecedented period of everyone having literally no choice but to stay at home it would be ‘a great time’ to introduce a family plan and that it ‘doesn’t sit well with them’ that families have multiple accounts in the same household. However they then proceeded to do absolutely nothing about it and presumably decided they’d just take the money instead. :+1:

9 Likes

To have a family plan for 2 adults and allow to use 2 Zwift users at the same time

7 Likes

Would be great to have a zwift Family plan as many other apps subscription…

11 Likes

I think I will be switching to ROUVY myself. Just doesn’t make sense for my wife and I to have 2 Zwift accounts, especially now when we are doing more outside riding. I just don’t understand why Zwift doesn’t offer a family plan.

9 Likes

Adding my name to the list of people who want a family plan option. I would go for it if it was $20/family. Because trainers are so expensive, most families only have one account running at time anyways. Seems like a no-brainer!

13 Likes

Agreed,my husband and myself have been able to ride on alternate days and able to change, sex, hight, weight and date of birth but not now!! Have to pay double madness!!

3 Likes

+1. This seems like a really good feature to have.

3 Likes

Zwift, perhaps some negative reviews on the App Store may kick you into action! My partner has just been made redundant - we can’t afford the second subscription. I think we’ll both be going over to the Tacx virtual cycling app, it’s totally free!

5 Likes

I am the lone zwifter in my household, but agree with the request for the option of a +spouse or +spouse, +1, 2, 3… additional users on the same account, at a reduced rate.
In my opinion…
I suspect that there would be some folks that would scam the offer in an effort to save a couple of $$, but in the end it would encourage more folks to enjoy the sport and benefits of cycling. In the end, a win-win for Zwift and the Zwift Community.

5 Likes

Can’t believe Zwift still doesn’t have a family plan. As all above comments show a family plan would be very welcome - surely Zwift want to attract more users than deter .

2 Likes

+1 for a family plan. I would also not pay for two accounts for myself and my boyfriend, especially when he would be a casual rider. Would be great if Zwift had a family/household plan.

2 Likes

Please! I’m a new user but my husband and I got a smart trainer together and want to both use it but it seems like such a waste of money to pay two subscriptions. But his performances would also skew my data. And not that either of us are winning any races here but it would feel like cheating for him to ride as a female avatar.

4 Likes

Just looking into Zwift… right away the lack of a couples/family plan is a big turn off.

1 Like

And how! We’ve just got our first smart trainer (I threw away my old Cyclops wheel-on turbo a couple of years ago) and whilst I’ll be the most frequent user, my son has just got into cycling this summer and he’s looking forward to riding with his cousins on Zwift over the winter. Great, he’s 12, we’ve got a few years of him being able to do so for free…

But the wife and daughter are also quite excited about this and I am delighted that they are going to get active and use the trainer… so I find this thread. Seriously? No family option? Really? Unbelievable.

So the wife and daughter will have a Rouvy account which me and my son can also use, at about £8 a month. My son and I will have Zwift accounts at £13 a month. £21 a month for all of us is about the right price point for a family subscription… but Zwift won’t be getting that, will they?

If Zwift had had a family plan available I doubt we’d have even investigated any other platforms. And they’ve ignored this request for TWO YEARS. I am amazed at how obtuse this attitude is.

6 Likes

YES – simple not acceptable and suitable – we will most likely thus avoid Zwift completely

3 Likes

@Eric_Min you promised this more than a year ago now. I’m paying two subs and now my son got a bike and I’d like to get him on. It’s ridiculously easy just to put him on one of our accounts but wtf why can’t you do as promised?

3 Likes

FYI - If your son is 16 or younger, his account would be free.

I know thank you but we got him the bike for his 16th birthday. He wasn’t interested until now.

As a fairly long time user, at level 29 with mostly winter use, pretty disappointing that Zwift hasn’t addressed this. It’ll be rouvy for the wife as they allow two users. If I like it, I could drop zwift. Get with it zwift and provide multi-user accounts/pricing!

2 Likes