Family and Child Plan Request

I’ll add my vote here your family subscription. My gf won’t pay full subscription for Zwift, but at a discount she is more likely to (or I will for her).

6 Likes

+1 My wife would more likely use Zwift if it wasn’t 2x my fee.

6 Likes

Biking or running? I ask because Running is Free.

2 Likes

I would pay extra for my wife to ride but not a full price because she is a casual rider. I just signed up my 14 yo for the free account. I hope it does not take too long for them to get back to me.

7 Likes

I’m in exactly the same boat, and I think this is a pretty common scenario. A household has one serious rider who buys a smart trainer and subscribes to Zwift. Others in the house are curious, and might use it casually (2-5 times/month) but not enough to justify a second or even third account at $15/pop.

I would happily pay $5/mo. for an add-on account for my wife but $15 seems excessive given that she’s just not going to use it much. It seems to me that Zwift is missing an opportunity to sell additional accounts at a discounted rate to people like my wife who otherwise will not subscribe at all. Going forward, my wife is probably just going to use my login, I’ll just have to deal with the mixing of rider data, and Zwift won’t see any additional revenue.

12 Likes

She can have her own account and they allow up to 25km per month I think for free, it’s not much but if she is only going to use it once or twice a month it would be fine.

1 Like

18 months later…and still no family plan? Looking into a “groovy” alternative with an actual family plan…could it be time to say goodbye to the big Z?

6 Likes

In the latest zwiftcast Steve Beckett, Zwift’s Chief Marketing Officer, said if he were asked 6 months ago he would have thought a family plan would be out by about now but covid-19 has gotten in the way.

8 Likes

The irony being the last month or so is exactly when it would have been most useful and appreciated.

11 Likes

+1 family account please

6 Likes

+1 family account!

All that is happening is I am sharing the app with my wife and its throwing the data off.

There is no way we are going to buy two separate accounts, clumsily handle the passwords and log out/in each time. Let us have profiles please. If you are worried about illegal account sharing, perhaps only allow 1 usage at a time or something?

7 Likes

We are three family members using a Wahoo smart trainer.

After holding out to see if the cost model will be adjusted I had to take a decision now purely based on affordability and sad to say we will not be continuing with Zwift.

Best wishes.

5 Likes

Do you get the feeling that a dead horse is being beaten? It doesn’t look like Zwift is going to listen to their customers and I don’t blame anyone for looking elsewhere.

4 Likes

+1 on family plan.
I’ve been a Zwifter for 5 years but currently evaluating other platforms where I can easily share my trainer with my wife (new to cycling) without paying twice. At least one other virtual platform has a ‘free’ mode so we’re working with that as well as trials but please Zwift: don’t let them tempt me away!

5 Likes

Hey Zwift is there any chance of a family plan like Netflix?my wife and kids are keen to do indoor exercise but we can’t justify extra current memberships $$$
Come on zwift times are tough at the moment share the love you have been getting with all those new subscribers :thinking:

6 Likes

a family plan would be nice, as my wife and I are both paying separate subscriptions… we all like to save a few quid!

6 Likes

I’m all for this.

3 Likes

As above I am sharing with my wife and she is considerably lighter than me. Thank you for making a great product but without this feature I am going to look else where.

6 Likes

Added my vote here. Can’t justify buying two full accounts.

3 Likes

My wife and daughter wanted to try virtual cycling, but as Zwift don’t do a family membership plan I have moved over to ROUVY. Three people for less than the Zwift subscription cost.

8 Likes