Family and Child Plan Request

I’m get much in agreement. Zwift can protect themselves by only allowing one profile logged in per account.

Multiple profiles per account is badly needed.

Dathlan

5 Likes

My wife and two sons would love to Zwift.
Multiple profiles and family discount is needed!
Come on Zwift, you can do this!

Bert

6 Likes

How old are your son’s? If they are under 16 then this could be an option: Zwift Accounts for Children

3 Likes

My son’s are 11 and 8 years old.
We just purchased a Zwift compatible treadmil.
Did not now the feature… this is perfect.
Many thanks Paul!

1 Like

And Zwift Running is FREE, only biking has a subscription.

2 Likes

Damn, feel a bit dump now, not knowing.
Now the whole family can sweat, including the wife.
Thanks again Paul!

4 Likes

Lets make this happen please! Great idea to keep everyone active and healthy during these crazy times!

3 Likes

Certainly think Zwift should be looking at this, the amount of Zwifters that has increased over the last few weeks must certainly be staggeringly up and paying $30 for two family members is just too much. In times like these yes they are probably winning and making money but they should also look at these factors. Reduction in costs for everyone at least as well even individuals for say the next two or three months. There are a lot of countries that are in Lock Down which means no exercise outside your four walls unlike some countries. Come on Zwift do the right thing and look into these Option for everyone that is suffering during these times. Thanks

10 Likes

So now that they have restricted the ability to update the profile even more (dob and gender now can’t be changed in the app etc…) then this is needed even more. I have three cyclistsand can’t afford a profile for all of them, hence we share a profile. We now have to rise as a 22 year son male as this is my son, at least I can still change weight and name. I would happily pay a little more for additional profiles. I subscribe to other apps which I would stop if they introduced this.

3 Likes

I, for one, wouldn’t pay any extra for additional profiles, $15/month is more than enough for a family.
Introduce profiles just like Netflix. Free of charge for a couple additional profiles, obviously, and one concurrent session would be the logical choice.

5 Likes

Zwift compared with Netflix is like apple compared with pears (as we in Austria say).
Means you try to compare two different things.
I use Netflix, too - but the Zwift service is IMO completely different.
Ride on!

1 Like

They are both digital subscription services that require you to provide the tools to use them (TV for Netflix and similar services, a smart trainer + a bike for Zwift and similar services).
Exactly the same in my eyes, I pay a subscription and get something digital in return.

1 Like

Well, looks perhaps similar on the end user side.

But there is a big difference between streaming digital contents (no interaction, no computing, …) and Zwift service - take a look at your screen when Zwifting and imagine what happens in background and what Zwift servers must do.

But everyone has his own opinions, mine is I get a very good (not perfect) service and the price is fair.

How many months subscription is a smart trainer + bike worth?

3 Likes

I’m a software engineer :wink:

Then one would think, you could afford it.

at least, 15$ are just 13.60€. We pay 1.40€ more than you for worse service.

1 Like

Ben, that is another “problem” - I pay 15,21 in Austria and do not know why. I did not ask why, do not want to lose my time and energy for it.
But it is not nice - advertising 15 and charging 15,21.
Perhaps I should ask now - is there anybody out there (Zwift HQ)?

3 Likes

Come on Zwift! Especially now, during this worldwide pandemic, people could really benefit from a family plan. I switched to Rouvy since they allow family plans. I would switch back to Zwift if they did offer a comparable family plan.

9 Likes

Zwift could offer an account not for one person but for one trainer or for one device.

Like MS Server CALs are either for Users or for PCs.

4 Likes

Thanks Madison just had a look at Rouvy and shown the wife will have a play tomorrow at the moment we are paying for two accounts but my hours have been cut so looking to save $$ anyway we can my 9 year old also wants to give it a go kept him off due to the price, looks like Rouvy may be the way forward for this family until Zwift sorts something out.

Sad face :frowning:

6 Likes

Zwift have free accounts for kids under 16.

5 Likes