Family and Child Plan Request

New zwift user here, just finished the 1 week trial. Bought a used Wahoo Kickr for indoor training and my father has tried using it as well.
Its just not feasible for us to pay $30/month when he isn’t really going to use it.

I enjoyed workouts with ERG mode, so I’m going to look into Rouvy, but my father did enjoy the virtual ride experience of Zwift. Though, $30/mo for two zwift accounts vs $10/mo with rouvy is a huge difference.

Rouvy is 100$ a year with family.

Granted its not as polished nor as immersive as Zwift - but my wife would like to go on Zwift - but the cost for her use of 1-2 a week, just isn’t worth it at the current pricing structure.

We need family plans.

Its crazy, the more I’m on these forums the more I realise that it appears Zwift isn’t listening to any requests or fixing any bugs that are affecting peoples day to day use of Zwift.

4 Likes

I’ve read some more recently… comments on DC Rainmaker articles, other cycling forums and so on. Zwift currently have the biggest market share in this sector but it appears to me that they’re doing a pretty good job of alienating a significant - and vocal - proportion of their customer base mainly due to their outright arrogance.

Not listening to customers is a really big mistake. These days, once a company has become successful, the people that run it need to understand that their business isn’t what they want it to be, it’s what their customers tell them it needs to be. Zwift will ignore this basic principle at their peril.

4 Likes

Well said, my wife and I both paused our Zwift memberships and will most likely cancel. Made the switch to Rouvy for at least 1 year. I’ll check back in a year

2 Likes

As zwift seem to be ignoring this go to BigRINGVR you can have joint account on a single subscription. 2 profiles separate Strava syncs, all for $54 for 6 months.
Video cycling in real places with workouts too. I was a Zwift original member and switched due to it getting expensive particularly as my wife wanted to ride too.

Come on Zwift get it sorted and win some people back

My girlfriend is interested in cycling for the first time, and I would really love if Zwift offered an option here to have multiple profiles under an account. Our Peloton offers multiple profiles under one subscription, and I would love something similar for Zwift!

1 Like

BigRingVR looks very similar to Rouvy.

Oh and it works on MacOS.
I haven’t used Rouvy
£42 for 6 months for two people is ideal for me.
They add ride videos regularly as well

I would consider zwift again if the pricing was £12.99 per month with two separate user accounts on the one sign in… They must be able to use ip addresses or Mac addresses to protect against people taking advantage

4 Likes

I gave my Zwift account to my daughter who is now racing. I only want to use it now and again as I prefer the outdoors but forced to pay for an extra account.
Doesn’t make sense as they easily limit it to one account at a time so why not a discount on second accounts.
I know some might abuse the option but still

+1 for this request. My girlfriend is an occasional rider and only uses it once a fortnight. We can’t justify 24 quid for two people. Fulgaz does have this family plan and it’s free so this might be the best option until Zwift add something.

2 Likes

@Ed_Briggs, child accounts are free if she is 16 or under.

Would upgrade to a family account immediately and pay 19.99 Eur per month.

Ride on!

1 Like

Wow - over 2yrs and still no movement on family / joint packages.

Wife would love to have her own account, own avatar - but rides 1-2 a week for 30mins just for some variety - that’s not worth 15$ pm - so she is riding around as me at the moment.

I would be happy if Zwift locked accounts while another is active on the same subscription.

4 Likes

Still no action from Zwift not even a response. I’m in the free mode now along with my wife and will absolutely not pay $30 a month for Zwift. Therefore after my free period we’ll share one account or I’ll find another service. I don’t like companies that don’t listen to their customers.

2 Likes

Nearly six months since they last commented on it, when they said it ‘doesn’t sit right with them’ that families in the same household are forced to have multiple subscriptions.

I wish I could get away with being that bad at my job.

1 Like

The only way to force Zwift is to change to other providers. I will try Road Grand Tours.

2 Likes

It’s interesting that the competition offers this and is almost pulling me to move to them. I have one Kickr and two bikes, my wife wants to use it too, but I refuse to buy two seperate memberships for Zwift. So looks like we may have to move to the competition. It’s a shame because we prefer Zwift and as family memberships are offered just about everywhere where subscriptions are concerned, seems they may be shooting themselves in the foot.

3 Likes

Zwift support sent me here when I asked about why they don’t have family accounts that allow 2 adults. Reading this thread, it seems this has been a request for 2 years, now. With no response. So I’m going elsewhere. Bye.

4 Likes

FWIW they seem to have finally made it so you have to log in again if you switch systems. Which would seem to be one of the absolute basic principles required to prevent abuse of any family plan. So maybe we’re moving forwards…

Going with Rouvy instead; they offer family plans for cheaper than Zwift offers a single membership. It seems every major feature request on these forums has been ignored for literally years. Zwift is only interested in squeezing money out instead of improving their platform.

3 Likes