Exit Zwift between routes to get route badges?

I was assuming since the last update where you do not have to leave the game to change routes you could knock out multiple routes and get the badges without completely exiting between each route. Last night I did the Highline, got the badge, then saved it and went to the main screen. Started the Grand Central route and when I went under the arch for the finish nothing happened. No route credit banner or keep exploring or anything. I did the first climbing section again hoping I had written down the wrong km needed to get the route but even after the climb and going another extra few km I just gave up. I was well over the km noted for the route, including the lead in, so I’m assuming you have to completely exit to start a new route and get the badge?

No you don’t have to exit the game. your profile is private so I could not look at the route. compare your ride to the route in Routes

Mine is identical. It looks like I did do the complete route twice, I hit 14.1km. It says I did a new PR, maybe I’ve actually done this route in the past and forgot to mark it off my list :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :rofl: :rofl:

You can check in game what badges you have.

Yeah, I normally mark them off on a list I printed out so I don’t have to do that. I’ll double check when I get home. At work now. Hopefully I’ve done it. Guess I just added a few extra m to my Everest challenge either way.