Route badge not unlocked after completing a route

On July 30th 2020, I selected the route “TOUR OF FIRE AND ICE” and just rode to the top of the AdZ, but the route completed message was not shown on the screen there, and the route badge was not added to my badge case.
I didn’t U-turn or change routes, and just climbed up to the top arch.
Could anyone please tell me why I couldn’t get the badge?

Did you cross the banner inside the volcano at the beginning? It looks like your spawnpoint was just behind the arch.
Almost every route starts and ends at an arch/banner.

Hello Jürgen,
Thank you very much for your advice!
Yes, I don’t remember well but I might not have crossed the banner/arch.
So it can be a reason of this issue.

I can imagine the arches on the Zwift courses, but I don’t know well about the “banner”. What kind of thing in the game is it? Is it also a kind of arch on the road?

And if I was automatically spawned the point and I couldn’t get the route badge, shouldn’t it be a bug…? I mean all the zwifters who selected any routes should be spawned the points from where they can get the route badges by just riding up to the goal of the routes…?

I completed the 107 mile fullPLR a couple of weeks ago, got the 100 mile badge.
At the end after 7and a half hours ( of a boring 11 lap London loop) I finished the ride at the banner on the Mall. It was shown in the Zwift LOG file.
I got the course completed banner. The extra XP points elevated me to the next level.
The next day I saw that I had NOT got the course badge and the bonus XP points had been taken away and I was dropped to my previous level.
After a 2 week delay I got a response from “support” :
“While I’d like to credit your account for the missing progress, I won’t be able to do so due to technical limitations” WTF !!!

do they think im going to do the 7.5 hours again?

1 Like

I just spent 7.5 hrs riding PRL full, counted all 11 climbs of Box Hill, keep on going up the Mall and beyond but didn’t get the Route badge. Very disheartening and won’t be doing it again.

1 Like

I am having a problem with route badges. I did BIg Foot Hills as a meet up race on Saturday and no route badge and tonight I did Everything Bagel and again no badge.
How do I get my badges?

1 Like

Your profile is private, so we can’t see your activities to determine what might have gone wrong, but my guess is that you didn’t ride quite far enough.

Also, if you want the badges you will have to do the routes (in full) again, as Zwift cannot manually award route badges.

Can I unprivate my profile for you to see?

I think that would work, as long as the activities themselves are not marked private.

You are right with everything bagel but I did 70 k with Big Foot Hills

Hmmm. Did you do a FULL 70k on Big Foot Hills, or just close to that? The route itself is 67.5k, and there is a lead-in of 2.4k. So, at 69.9k you should, theoretically, complete the route, except that the full distance you would need to ride is also determined by your spawn point (since the 67.5k of the route doesn’t start until you hit the stone arch). So, if you spawned a little farther away, you might need to ride up to 71k to complete the entire route.

I did 70.1 k so I guess I just missed it. Valuable lesson for me x

So I have a screen shot of Petit Boucle route badge but no badge there was some quirk where I was the only one on the course. I rode the hilly route … lead rides that did it ? Weeks and weeks of 2-3 hours … no badge until tonight doing it as a one rime ride. Other routes clearly went over as per of another bit didn’t do the lead in etc. Others sound like MAYBE they didn’t do the whole route. So could be lots of reasons BUT it’s a game and dear lord PRL full no one in their right mind would do that othrr than FOR the GAME. This is a must fix. We put in details (screenshot or finish banner now mandatory given this), the route is checked, they manually correct. I’m hopeful that part of it is a fit file issue once all processed and gremlins in code worked out this will be fixed (if actually did it). One thing is seems you have to select the route. If you PRL full so you get credit for PRL half too? The lead in must be done. And sure some didn’t do the full thing but thought they did. But big routes? Need to be able to manually adjust if data shows the routes done. And I’m wondering if they go back to day 1.