Errors downloading Zwift app

Have a new Microsoft Surface laptop, and I am unable to download the Zwift app (getting errors).

Are you downloading it from here: Download Zwift on iOS, MAC, PC, or Android Devices | Zwift

What errors are you getting?

Hi Paul,

Yes, we are downloading from there.

The error says we need a Windows feature to run the app: .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)

The computer is the Microsoft Surface pro 6.

I hope thats enough info?

You need to go into Windows Features (just search for ā€œwindows featuresā€ from the Windows menu, the full name is ā€œTurn Windows Features on or offā€) and enable the very first item which is .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0).

Hope this helps.

Thanks FRIC,

I enabled the .NET feature as you mentioned, but I got an error code Ox80070002, again.

Zwift gave me a few options to solve this code, but some are rather involved.

The easy suggestion was to set the date and time (which were set correctly). Iā€™m not too techy, and Iā€™ll probably do more harm than good by going forward with the other tips. Iā€™ll try contacting MS for help I guess.

I appreciate the help
Tony

Make sure you have the correct Time Zone selected.

You can also go through this and see if it resolves your issue: Solved: How to Fix Error Code 0x80070002 in Windows 10/11 Update - EaseUS

Thanks Paul, the time was already set correctly.

OK, but was the Time Zone set correctly?

Yes, the time zone was set correctly.

I received the same link from Zwift that you sent and will attempt them when I have more time. This computer is only a few days old and Iā€™m hoping the other tips will solve the issue, Iā€™ll update my progress.

Thanks for the link!

Tony

Have you checked Windows Updates to ensure the OS is fully up-to-date?

Update: After countless attempts to fix the error codes, we brought it back to the tech guy where we bought it. They had the same issues, we exchanged it, and were told the OS was the problem.

We fired up the new one and had the same Ox80070002/.NET feature issues.

I suppose itā€™s possible to overcome given enough time, but Iā€™m foreseeing future issues with this thing. So this POS is outta here, going with an entirely different setup.

Thanks to those who sent help on the forum and to the Zwift support team, everyone here was very responsive and did all they could.

Thank you!!