Erg mode not working in workout mode

Have you updated the Kickr firmware? Because others have reported that a recent Kickr firmware update has messed things up.

YES! You are right!
So probably it’s a bug in the firmware.
Is there a way to downgrade (I did not found s.th.)

Yes, you can downgrade the firmware. I don’t know the exact procedure.

Search in forums, it is something with 10x click, I believe (not a Kickr user).

Hi, I have the same problem. Tried resolving last night and everything works perfectly on: RGT and Rouvy on my laptop, also Zwift mobile works correctly.

The free rides on Zwift on my laptop made the kickr go crazy also.

1 Like

Here is the downgrade link.

1 Like

This fixed my issue; once I went to the previous firmware, it started working again.

1 Like

I have this issue. Apple tv, companion app, kickr 2020. All versions of everything current. Erg mode which used to work no longer works. Power all over the place.

I’ve tried using erg mode in the wahoo app and it’s perfect.

1 Like

Where is the link to revert to previous firmware on Wahoo?

Milan already gave you the link to the procedure in his post that you replied to.

1 Like

I am having the same issue

1 Like

I just reverted firmware on the Kickr. Made no difference I’m afraid. :frowning:

I’m now back on Kickr 2020 4.1.2 … Same same no erg.

i’m getting the issue on my tacx neo 2 during workouts. it was fine all week inc Friday was the last day but today its pants. lots of spkkes sending power over zone and cadence all over the place. normally i can hit every interval with erg by just riding to cadence and the neo2 sorts the power out. not today. seems ok on other apps. whats happened?

1 Like

Same problem for me. Friday my Tacx Neo 2T worked fine. My Zwift companion app kept wanting me to pair a Forerunner735XT, but I don’t own one, so maybe a neighbour of mine got one. It had not done this before. I tried to cancel, but it kept popping up again and again. When starting up I was doing 2000 (max) watts (not pedaling) until I cancelled the pairing again, and had to restart, and then it was fine. I completed the workout (erg mode) + continued into some extra distance (normal mode) without problems, even though the pairing popup came up over and over again.
Today (Sunday) It will not match the resistance in erg mode, like you all describe, and it is a bit slow at reading my rpm. My rpm indicator glows red when I’m not within 5 of the designated number, but no warnings for too high or low watts, like it usually does. I tried several times on two different PCs, running the companion app on both an iPad and an iPhone. Same problem. The 735XT pairing request still occurs every time I open the app, and I cannot see the 735XT on my devices in any other way.
Very frustrating. Any help is appreciated.

i tried it on my partners mac after i was having problems with my pc and it worked fine. so then i was thinking its a pc fault, workout fault or zwift issue. tonight i did a full workout on erg with no problems. so now i just think the erg info on the previous workout has a few bugs in it. i’m just guessing. sorry to hear you are having problems. do you have another computer to you can try it on?

Check to make sure that ERG mode is on. When it happened to me, it was because something with the update switched it to ‘off.’ It’s been perfect since I realized it and turned it back on.

The companion app was updated monday, and I haven’t had the problem since. And no Forerunner 735XT that wants to pair…
I got an ANT+ receiver before getting home so now I use that option, but I checked the old connections as well. Everything works again.
I think it was the app-update that did it… So thanks Zwift and the rest of you for your help and advice <3

I had this issue during a BMU workout earlier this week. Zwift on the iPad, companion running my iPhone.

In my case, the lack of erg control happened in the middle of my workout. As I sat there trying to figure out what was different from the last 30 sessions, I realized that I had turned my Apple TV on. It’s never on while I ride. Turned it off, quit out of zwift, and when I loaded zwift again on the iPad, everything was working

Interestingly, when I restarted zwift, it asked me if I wanted to resume my activity and when I said “yes” it bright me right back to where I had left off. I didn’t have to skip 11 blocks in the workout like I’ve had to do in the past. Hopefully that’s a big they FIXED in this last release.

Thank you!! Yeah, ERG mode has been working flawlessly until the updates. I did check and it was on.

1 Like

So, I have updated to the latest companion app version. This has fixed the comical dropouts. Everything connects and stays connected.

HOWEVER ERG mode in structured workouts does not work. This is really annoying me as the structured workouts is a big part of why I pay for zwift and it just doesn’t work. It makes the erg sound, says it’s engaging (and ERG on in the companion app) but it’s just like normal… power jumping everywhere according to what you are doing.

FTR I’m using Apple TV and companion app. Current versions of everything. Kickr V5 with the firmware downgraded. Nothing helps.

I’ve emailed Zwift support and have only had crickets so far. Help!