Erg mode not reengaging after stopped pedalling

Hi

Yester I was doing some interval training with ERG mode enabled, but I had to stop pedalling in the first interval. ERG mode disengaged as expected, but when I started pedalling again, Zwift never reengaged ERG mode. I tried to use the menu buttons but that did not help. I had to restart my workout to get ERG working again. I never had this problem before, what is going on?

Platform: Windows 10, Kickr Core, Ant+ and BT connections as I also use heart rate monitor.

Regards
Jacob

Hi @Jacob_Michaelsen

Welcome to the Forums!

It’s tough to say why ERG mode didn’t re-engage. It may have been just a one-off glitch, especially if you’ve never experienced this issue before. If it only happened once, it’s probably not a major cause for concern.

I’d say if it happens again, then submit a support request to our team and send us all the log files from your computer.

You can contact us here.

Just want to let you guys know this happened to me last week as well. Unfortunately I can’t give specifics as it was a week ago, but I do remember it was about a third of the way through a workout, I stopped pedalling in a rest segment to turn my fan up and ERG wouldnt re-engage.

I’m using a Samsung S20 to provide data to a Samsung Galaxy S4 running Zwift, and the companion running on the phone. By hitting the ERG ON button a few times on the tablet I managed to get ERG to re-engage, but at the same time my companion app froze. I had to restart my phone to get it to re-pair with what was happening on my tablet.

This happens for all erg intervals when the power gets to zero for me.

I have todo whatever random setting it’s on until it reaches the next interval and fixes itself.

For me (Kickr 5) it only seems to re-engage if I get the power back up to close to the target power which is OK if you’re in a recovery segment, but in an interval you might need to shift up to the big ring to get the power back up and then shift down during a recovery segment (assuming you’re in the small ring in erg mode as per the recommendations).

Doing on two years and still has the same issue. Kickr Core, Windows 10, BT connections.

Having to stop a workout and restart is a major issue that deserves attention.

I think this is just how ERG mode works, and is supposed to work. It presumes that if you stop pedaling it is because the interval has gotten too hard for the user, so it reverts to SIM mode. In order to avoid this I would suggest using the ‘Pause’ button in the workout, and then click the ‘Resume’ (Play) button when you start back up again.

It should re-engage ERG mode once you get pedalling again and the watts start coming up. It works fine for me though so can’t comment on the issue.

If you’re on the Workout tab in the Companion App you can switch in and out of Erg at will, so you can take it out, get up near target watts, settle in and then engage Erg.

Thanks for the replies. That might be the case Nigel. If only I could get it to reactivate after I pause, then I’d have no issue. I’ve had it reengage at times, but it’s not consistent. Like Graham above me, I frequently need to finish the interval before ERG kicks back on. I do use the Companion App; however, it doesn’t fix the issue. I also lack the ability to ‘Stop’ a ride in the Companion App, so I question the app in general. I’ll try again, as you said, to get up near target power and then try the App to reengage ERG.

Having ERG go out during a long zone 2 ride bummed me out.