ERG mode cannot be reactivated after 'temporarily disabled'

Wahoo Kickr Core. (last firmware)
ERG Mode itself works fine! but when stop pedaling i get the “ERG mode temporarily disabled” which is also ok.
but when starting pedaling ERG mode does not start again!
even using the companion app an click the icon for ERG mode does not work any more
:frowning:

Seen the same a few times (also using Kickr CORE). When viewing the ERG mode setting (arrow up) on Mac, it still shows as ‘on’. When switching it off and on again, ERG mode is still disabled and will not re-engage. But it typically re-engages again when the next interval starts.

Using a Kickr Snap, just happened to me.

Yes, it happens on my SNAP and then re-engages when the next interval starts. This may really be a feature rather than a bug. I lose ERG mode when I am unable to complete an interval because my legs just are not strong enough. I have entered the “spiral of death”. With ERG mode suspended, I can hobble to the end of the interval, recover in a rest interval and then start the joy all over again. Trainer Road accomplishes much the same thing by keeping the clock running while you pedal backwards. If ERG mode re-engaged immediately, I would never make it to the end of the interval.

Being 30 minutes into a 120 minute segment I would have had a long wait for it reactivate. Lol.

This has now happened to me two workouts in a row. I have NOT been pausing though. I’m going along at full speed and suddenly a hear a “ding” and I see the message “erg mode temporarily disabled” and my power completely drops to zero. I can go to connections and as soon as I do all devices reconnect and I start going again…and as soon as I return to the map “DING” and “erg mode temporarily disabled”. I tried this several times and every time it reconnects, I start going again and then “DING” drops as soon as I return to the riding screen. The only way I’ve found to get erg mode going again is to end the workout and start again and all works just fine. This is completely ruining workouts…what’s up?

HI

Exact same issue happened to me yesterday on my Wahoo Snap during a Zwift workout. Just riding the intervals and suddenly the onscreen message appears, "ERG mode temporarily disabled”. Watts went to zero, and regardless of my pedaling RPM, no avatar movement, and 0 watts. I have been using this unit on Zwift for 2.5 years had never had this happen previously. I wonder what is up, very disturbing for sure. I’ll try another workout tomorrow.
Any ideas?

i has something similar, where workout ERG was oscillating power 280-200-150 on a 30min 200W interval, ( with kinetic control) after the next target change into a second 30 min 200W interval all was fine.
support suspect Bluetooth interference, but strange it corrected in a target power change

My only guess is it may have to do with Apple TV timing out on Bluetooth connection and once it loses connection during a workout, zwift won’t allow erg to resume.

Last night I made sure to poke my remote every 30 minutes so the apple tv never thought timing out Bluetooth was “ok” and I made it through my whole workout. So…maybe?

If so, perhaps zwift needs to adjust their apple app so that Bluetooth connections from the trainer count as “active” as opposed to only looking for the remote control.

Hi
Very interesting
For my Zwift setup up I’m using WIN10 laptop and connect all through ANT+
In about 30 minutes I’m going to start a Zwift Workout and hopefully no problems
I’ll report back my results

I have the same problem, running latest Zwift on Samsung S7 tablet connected to a Wahoo Smart Trainer with latest updates.
This happens especially with in situation with high watts and low cadence.
Very annoying!
What can I do about it?