Elito Suito - no resistance uphill

Hi to all,

I’ve been using Zwift with my Elite Suito but there has been no resistance variation whatever the uphill percentage is on Zwift. Only the speed on the Zwift screen is decreasing…

In “zwift trainings” the Suito works well (ERG mode is on). Does the Suito switch the ERG mode automatically to off when I take part of of race?

How can I correctly set up the resistance of my elite Suito trainer?

May thanks and a nice evening
Jens

ERG mode is only active during a scheduled training ride. ERG mode is not active during a race not a free ride. When using your trainer is connected to ZWIFT and you are riding (not watching) there is a bar slider called trainer difficulty under the settings tab in menu. It’s really a misnomer but it does affect what you feel regarding hills and drafts etc. If you set it to 0% you will not feel any change in the resistance when you get on an incline. If you set it to 100% you will feel the full incline. It’s a misnomer because even set at 0% you will still need to put out the same amount of watts as 100% but it will feel different AND your gearing will be different. So, I use the trainer difficulty to dial in my gearing so that I can stay in the big front ring the entire race and only change the back. For me this is about 35% on all races except for extended climbs and then I need to go into the small ring on the front. The less trainer difficulty the more you will use the taller gears in the rear and the greater the trainer difficulty the more you will use the smaller cogs in the rear.

thats not correct bob,i have already almost 15.000km on zwift and until today the suito in free ride has simulated totally the gradients,but today after i have calibrate it via the elite app it stopped reacting to the zwift gradients ??? what’s your opinion ?? my best regards

i joe !!! i have a zwift for the last 3 weeks and until yesterday it has worked like a pharmacy,perfect !!! today 10-22 i calibrate it via elite app and now when i zwift suito does not respond to the gradients !!! it’s all flat lands +5% feels as 0% there are no downs and ups,i use a windows 10 machine via zwift companion ble but same problem appears via my iphoneSE or Ipad !!! can someone help me here ??? it’s not fun riding flats lands all the time,thanks folks.

Hi @RN_Daimoku

It sound like your trainer is still connected to the app you used to calibrate. Try uninstalling that app.

Also close all other apps that could connect to the trainer.

I have recieved my Suito today and have the same issue as described by RN_Daimoku. I will try your suggestion to uninstall the Elite app, as it sounds logical that it is in some way still connected to the Elite app.

The Suito connects perfectly with Zwift, cadence works fine, speed seems fine, but going up a 12% hill did not require one shift at all, although watts go up and down if putting more force on it (resistance remains the same). Not in a workout, so no ERG setting messing it up and I’ve also it put on 100% effort. Might be unrelated to the problem, but calibration via Zwift also seems off. Needed to spin until 30kph, which only took one spin and after 4/5 spins I was already at 50 kph, which doesn’t seem to make sense.

I’ll let you know if your suggestion worked

Hi Gerrie
I followed your suggestion. Without success. I will remove all apps like Bkool etc and then reinstall Zwift. Maybe it works this way. The only strange thing is that the ERG works great.
BR
Jens

I’m having problems with resistance and ERG mode. I did a ZA road group ride on 10/26 with no issues. Then I think there was an update the next day and I couldn’t get ERG mode to work when I did the ZA workout #6 on 10/27. I did a free ride today and the resistance did not change on hills. Wondering if there was a bug in the update they just rolled out.

@Gerrie_Delport, I’ve bought a ANT+ dongle and tried your suggestion (uninstalled the elite app), and one of the two (or the two combined) did the trick! Resistance works again as it should.

Thanks for the help! Let’s see whether Zwift as addicting as the real world!

2 Likes

I am so happy that your problem is fixed now. :sunglasses: :clap:

Even more addicting.

1 Like