Elite Qubo Digital SmartB+_Very low w/kg

Hi Everyone,

I practicing on Zwift with my Elite Qubo Digital Smart B+ (no Powermeter at all) for 2 days. I’m definitely not a cycling pro but kind of sporty (85kg - 180cm). Yesterday I tried my first group training (D / ca. 1,2 w/kg). I thought this should be possible to stay within but from the beginning I had no chance to stay in the group. I tried as much as possible for me but I received maximum 120W and couldn’t take it longer than 10 seconds. After this I tried a Free ride and recognized that I can only ride with max 80W for longer time. Is it possible that I’m just that untrained (barely believe this) or is there a bug in measuring the Watts?

I’m very thankful for your help and advice.

Best regards
Heiko

I have the same issue. Incredibly difficult. It makes participating in races impossible. Can someone help to get this trainer corrected?

I’m not sure that it works on Zwift, but you could try changing the calibration values. There are some threads about this, for example https://forums.zwift.com/t/final-word-on-elite-qubo-digital-smart-b/2482/62 or https://forums.zwift.com/t/elite-qubo-digital-smart-b-high-power-readings/8540/60 .

Heiko, i have one of these trainers. I had same problem, low output. You need to calibrate in within the Elite app (on device). 3 numbers are required to calibrate which represent the power of hills, flat and downhills. You push them to your trainer via app. Increase the default 3 numbers by 25% or so. But its a bit hit and miss. Careful, my qubo reset back to default values and i know can’t calibrate. So its in the bin! I’m not going for a ride outputting 50W.

Thanks Stewart. Is there a way to confirm the applicable values for P1, P2 and P3 without requiring additional spend on an external power metre?

I’ve read a number of posts on this today but can not see an answer to the above question. I took receipt of my Elite trainer over the weekend. It was immediately evident the power output was incorrect when using Zwift (far too low), and I am now going through process of re-calibrating the default ‘P’ values shown in MyETraining app to rectify.

But for a brand new ‘smart’ product, surely the answer can’t be customer trial and error until it feels approximately realistic.

Thanks.

, surely the answer can’t be customer trial and error until it feels approximately realistic.

^^

I think it is!. My elite got water damaged and I threw it out.

My calibration on the elite was basically to (try) to match my actual real world ability. So I calibrate it to this. It was quite a headache. I’m kinda glad its gone. Got a Taxc neo2 now.

Thanks for the quick reply. I’ll get on to Elite today and feedback with any updates from them.

As a rough approximation for now then, any idea what the P values should be for 79kg rider?

Of course! Lucky I kept them.

Try. It was my final setting.

220 198 152

This was after about a month of trial settings, but goodness knows how equal all the machines are.

I was about 75kg (then) and a reasonable B grade rider. FTP about 260W but that is a guess.

I tried to get help from Elite after water damage but got nothing back – so expect nothing unfortunately…

Sensitivity: General