I am having a similar issue with the power being WAY too high!
I’m using the Elite Novo Smart (which is essentially the Qubo Digital Smart B+ but with a different frame) with an iPad over Bluetooth connection. I’ve also use a MacBook Pro running macOS Catalina with Bluetooth. Zwift version is 1.0.49822
The watts have gone crazy high just like you’ve said and can be quite random.
I’ve even re-mapped the trainer using the myETraining Elite app and written in the original factory P1, P2, P3 values however I’m still getting very high readings of power. I’ve tried adjusting these P values and it still causes havoc.
I’m trying an Ant+ dongle to see if it makes a difference but if anyone out there can help, it’d be much appreciated!
I seem to have managed to fix the issue on my end.
There’s a couple of things that I did as well as a couple of tips that I will share.
Firstly, I re-mapped my trainer through the myEtraining app over Bluetooth from my iPhone. Now, one thing to remember is that the numbers that show in the pop-up for the P values aren’t actually what’s in the trainer. They are the default values.
If you want to view/check the P values, either before or after you’ve mapped it, then if you click on the email address - email@example.com at the bottom of parameters page, it will show you. See the pic attached -
Now, once you’ve done this and to check it feels as it should, again in the myEtraining app, go to Trainings > Level Mode which is free and you don’t need a subscription. You can then view your stats there - speed, watts, etc.
If you click the sliders at the bottom, you’ll see that you’ll be able have a play with 16 different resistance settings by hitting the + & - buttons in the bottom right hand corner.
I had instructions from Elite for what I think was a factory reset which seems to have made things better. It’s difficult to tell without another power meter to compare it to but at least it’s in the right range now.