I have a rather frustrating problem which I have been unable to resolve thusfar. I am basically losing connection with my ANT+ dongle during a ride. It does not happen all the time but when it does, I am at a loss as to why it is happening. My set up is as follows:
- Lenovo ideapad 330S laptop
- CYCPLUS ANT+ Dongle
- Garmin 520 also running during the ride
- Garmin 935 also running during the ride
- Magene smart trainer
- Magene cadence sensor
- Garmin HR strap
- Huawei P30 with Zwift Companion app open
I have done some research on the problem and have made the following changes to my setup:
- Bluetooth connectivity on laptop is switched off.
- I ensure that only the ANT+ dongle is connected and not other USB devise is connected to the laptop.
Yesterday I rode for 1hr30mins without any issues and then today I rode and after 55mins, lost the connection. I then did the following:
- Went to the device pairing page
- On this page there was a message saying that Garmin Express could be interfering with the connection and asked if I wanted to close it. I selected yes.
- I still could not regain the connection after doing this.
- unplugged the dongle and was then able to reconnect.
- I then went back into the ride and as soon as I was back in, the connection was lost
- I went back to the pairing page, connection then happened automatically.
- Went back into the ride and connection was immediately lost.
- turned off the blue tooth connectivity of my phone but this did not help.
- Switched off my Garmin 520 & 935 but this did not help either.
I do not know why it shows that I am connected on the Device Pairing page even showing the my power reading if I am pedaling but immediately after going to the virtual world, the connection is lost.
Has anyone else experienced the same problem or maybe know what the issue is?