Discontinuing Official Support For Least-Used Devices [June 2021]

Why is Zwift discontinuing support for my trainer?
As more trainers come to market, we have to prioritise newer, and more popular models so as to best support the vast majority of Zwifters. From 30th Nov 2021, your trainer will still pair with Zwift but it will become the responsibility of the trainer manufacturer to address any ‘Bugs’ where possible. For the best possible experience, a list of supported trainers can be found here.

How did Zwift decide which trainers to stop supporting?
We selected the trainers based on the number of Zwifters using those devices, choosing those least commonly used.

When will Zwift stop supporting my trainer?
We are providing customers with six months notice. As of 30th Nov 2021, Zwift will no longer provide Bug Fixes for your particular model of trainer. This does not mean that your trainer will no longer work with Zwift but the responsibility to fix any bugs which do occur will be with the manufacturer.

Will my trainer no longer work with Zwift?
While bugs are rare on occasion, any possible future bugs will no longer be managed by Zwift.

What will happen when Zwift stops supporting my trainer?
You will still be able to use Zwift with your trainer. Bugs are rare, but we will no longer be able to guarantee a bug-free experience. Should any bugs arise in the future, they will no longer be managed by Zwift.

Is this move designed to force people into buying Zwift’s trainer?
We continue to work closely with our third-party partners and support the latest and most popular trainer models from across the market. This move is designed to create the best experience for as many Zwifters as possible.

What sort of “bugs” can I expect?
It is impossible to know what bugs might arise in the future and how they will impact individual trainer models. Bugs are rare and your trainer will continue to pair with Zwift.

I use a power meter to Zwift for my rides. How will my experience be impacted?
Your power in-game will remain consistent meaning your training or race performances will be unaffected. When using a power meter, only the controllable element of the trainer connection will be impacted should any future bugs arise.

Where can I find a list of supported trainers?
A full list of supported trainers can be found here.

Will the trainer manufacturer be able to resolve bugs (e.g. Elite)?
Depending on the nature of the bug, it is possible that some may be resolved by the manufacturer.

I just bought a trainer based on your ‘supported trainers’ list and now I learn it will no longer be supported.
Thank you for getting in touch. We have removed a small number of trainers from the supported trainer list. Even once your trainer no longer appears on this list, it will still be able to pair with the game but as of 30th Nov 2021, Zwift will no longer be addressing any future bugs. Our supported trainers list is up-to-date and can be found
here

My trainer is being flagged as unsupported, but appears on this list. Is the in-game messaging an error?
Thank you for flagging this page. The in-game message is correct. As of 1st Jan 2022, any bugs that may arise for trainer models on the supported list are addressed by Zwift. As more trainers come to market, we have to prioritise newer, and more popular models so as to best support the vast majority of Zwifters.

My experience will be impacted by these changes. Will Zwift be discounting my subscription?
We are unable to offer discounted subscriptions. To ensure the best experience for the majority of Zwifters, we occasionally need to make changes to our supported trainer lists and minimum spec requirements for compatible devices. These changes have been designed to impact as few Zwifters as possible. Your trainer will still pair with Zwift but it is possible that you may experience bugs in the future. For the best possible experience, a list of supported trainers can be found here.