Disappearing riders

(Mike Pimm WBR (C)) #1

Shortly after starting my ride, all other riders disappeared, including the ‘nearest riders’ window on the right of the screen. I logged out & back in, but same result. On the 3rd attempt Zwift warned ‘Garmin Connect’ was running and may conflict. I turned off my Garmin device and works perfectly.  Anybody else experienced this or know how to resolve issue. 

(Mike Velemirovich (MTBNiagara)) #2

I dont think that was a Garmin issue Mike.  I saw the same thing yesterday.  I’m a geek for a living and with the high winds I believe what we experienced was a bit of a internet outage.  Some gamers would call it a Net Split.  We connect to more than one server at Zwift.  With the high winds there was a little communications dropout between their servers.  For a few seconds at a time your list would only contain those directly connected to the same server, or just you for a very short time.  Truly nothing to worry about.  Common in just about any form of online gaming.

(Mike Pimm WBR (C)) #3

Thanks for that Mike, my concern was that ‘all’ riders disappeared and never came back. I would then have to log out/back in to establish new connection and all riders had reappeared, but then after a few minutes, the same thing would happen again. I figured it might be a drop out between laptop & router, so was going to connect via cable (as opposed to wireless), to see if that helped.