Cyclist stopped

Hi,

I have tried Zwift for the first time tonight and during my training, my cyclist and the interface were regularly stopped (5-6s exactly each time).

Is it due to my computer or to another issue ?

Thanks,

Mathieu

Can you post specs on your computer/device running Zwift and all the device connected to it (trainer, power meter or speed and cadence sensor) and how they are connected (Ant+ or Bluetooth).

More info is needed to assist you.

I use a Elite Turbo Muin Smart b+, and I connect in Bluetooth through your application.

My computer is an Asus with a processor : intel core i5 2.2GHz

I don’t have an application (I don’t work for Zwift).

With that limited info I would have to say something is interfering with your Bluetooth signal.

I would suggest getting an ANT+ dongle and a USB extension, this will simplify the connection of your trainer to Zwift and you will far few dropouts. Using the ZML to bridge BLE is a little unreliable. 

Ok thanks for the info !

i would also suggest that you put your log file in https://zwiftalizer.com/ that will show you if you have dropouts or network issues. 

In addition to the good advice given here, I’d also suggest trying Zwift a few more times to get a ‘feel’ for what may be a computer issue or a Zwift/Internet connection problem.

Today my Avatar took upon itself, on the way up Fox Hill, to slow to a stop and put down one foot then proceed to ‘take in’ the scenery. All this while I was pumping out 400 watts a good matching w/kg reading and 80 rotations on the crank!

Once my Avatar had done with the scenery it proceeded to continue, I’m sure I noticed it give me the single digit sign of discontent too.

But I still got me a PR- Avatar thought it could get one over on me - Ha!

Ride On!

When my avatar does this, it usually is a sign that the battery in my sensor is getting weak.

Replacement and restart usually works fine.

Replacing the battery without the restart usually  causes the cadence to malfunction until I restart.

Ok thanks for the info all. 

Tim, sometimes, it is working well during 30min and suddenly no more data until I restart the software. Does it happen also to you ?