Cycle/ Avatar not moving

I have a Tacx Bluematic
i have downloaded the Zwift companion on my iphone 6 and the Zwift main app on it also paired it to the bluetooth devices i have also signed up for monthly account on Zwift BUT it doesnt work the rider/cycle/avatar does not move forward when i start to pedal.
i have also dowloaded the Zwift main app on my laptop and connected it via the Zwift companion app and still the same result.

HELP

Are you using a Speed/Candence sensor with it? I don’t beleive the Blue Matic broadcast watts in any way: Garmin Tacx Indoor Bike Trainers and What You Need To Ride

It takes watts to get your avatar to move within Zwift.

How in-game speed is determined.

For virtual power like yours:

Zwift takes the wheel speed broadcast by your speed sensor and the power curve of the trainer you select on the Pairing Screen and converts that to virtual watts. With those watts, the weight entered, height entered, in-game bike used, in-game drafting (Tri and TT bikes get no drafting boost), in-game wheel set, in-game road surface, and in-game virtual elevation changes your in-game speed is determined.

So it wont work with swift then ?

What are you connecting to Zwift using Bluetooth?

Screenshot of your Pairing Screen would be helpful.

That trainer is supported as Classic Trainer (dumb trainer) and you would at least need a speed sensor on the rear wheel to get your avatar to move within Zwift.

any good

1 Like

yes bluetooth

OK, so you are using a Tacx Speed and Cadence sensor.

When you pedal the bike do you see wattage or RPM changes?

Have you tried changing the batteries?

Have you tested the S/C sensor with the Tacx app on a phone or tablet?

i only see rpm

i have connected via phone and laptop but with same results

Check the battery or the placement of the magnet on the wheel.

1 Like

its brand new so shouldnt be the battery

I would still change the battery. It more than likely takes CR2032 which cost about $0.30 each.

1 Like

ok i will do this and try again tomorrow,
i cant believe how tricky this is to set up !
many thanks

i believe it is now fixed !
turned the magnet around and now seems to be ok .

many thanks for the help

1 Like

Un-pair every thing in Zwift. Then repair starting with the speed sensor. Keep pedaling while doing the pairing. I have seen some sensors go to sleep and dont wake up if you dont re-pair.

1 Like

Hi Gerrie,

Please assist me, I am using WAHOO speed and cadence sensor and my avatar is not moving on my display devices. Including my mobile handset

2 Likes

Hi @Ofla_VCC

What device are you using. Did you try the solution above?

1 Like

Apple phone,
Mac book - Both have bluetooth functionality and

DEVICES Wahoo Speed sensor and Wahoo Cadence sensor!

You need to go to your Mac Book settings and remove the Speed sensor for the Bluetooth connections. Then Un-pair every thing in Zwift. Then repair starting with the speed sensor. Keep pedaling while doing the pairing. I have seen some sensors go to sleep and don’t wake up if you don’t re-pair.

1 Like

will revert back to you later in the early evening.

In the. meantime, I have un-paired and reinstalled my applications on my phone and laptop. Left with the actual testing

1 Like