Custom workouts not appearing in Zwift, not syncing to other devices [April 2023]

If you run it through an XML validator it might tell you what’s wrong with the file

I don’t think there is anything wrong with the file. The workouts sync on my new test profile. There is a bug with my account which Zwift needs to resolve.

The file is fine. There are many other logs which look perfectly fine.

Maybe the good logs are from the test account?

Do you have other workout files than the new one? Maybe one of them is corrupted?

I would contact Zwift support with the log error (CloudSync —— bad xml). If the corrupted file is not on your PC, then it must be hosted on Zwift server.

Thanks Cassio - I have contacted Zwift Support.

Many thanks.

1 Like

I have 5 custom workouts in my new subfolder but only 2 of them show up when I run Zwift. Any ideas?

Hi @C_K_W

Welcome to the forum.

Did you manually edit some of those training programs? If there is an error in the file it won’t show in Zwift.

Hello All,

We’re still looking into some of these issues with custom workouts getting into a stuck state. The common thread seems to be that this happens after importing a workout file directly into your custom workout directory [Documents/Zwift/Workouts/######(your userID number)].

One troubleshooting method that I would like to recommend is to delete the workouts.files file from your custom workout directory. Make sure that all Zwift sessions are fully closed when you do this. When you next launch Zwift, that file will repopulate.

Please don’t hesitate to open up a Support ticket if you’re still having issues.

Loads of my custom workouts have vanished from Zwift today even though they are still in the folder on the computer. I couldn’t import today’s one from intervals.icu either - had to manually build it. The one I imported and rode on Tuesday as vanished. Anyone else seen this?

1 Like

Hi @Alice_KWCC
Thanks for the report. A little clarification please:

Are you missing the custom workouts in game using the same computer where the ZWO files live? Or are you saying that there’s two different computers and a cross-device sync problem?

Hello @shooj. I have only used Zwift on one device the last few months (PC Windows 10). I was able to download the ZWO file from intervals.icu on Tuesday and paste it into the Zwift folder on the PC and use it on Zwift. I tried the same today but the file did not appear. Tuesday’s file and all my recent imports from intervals.icu are all now missing from my custom workouts despite showing in the folder on the computer I am using Zwift on. Older workouts that were made in training peaks and imported from there are still showing.

1 Like

Hello @Alice_KWCC , I noticed you were experiencing this issue in 1.39.0, so I moved your post into this known issues thread.

If you have the chance, I recommend deleting the workouts.files file located in your custom workouts folder before launching Zwift again. If that doesn’t work, I’ll be happy to analyze the intervals.icu workout file that you imported to see if it causes the issue with other accounts.

Hi Rowdy. I have upgraded my PC and iPad versions to 1.40. I have deleted the workout files as suggested. I created a test workout on my pc but the workouts are still not syncing. If I copy the workouts to my iPad using iTunes they work just fine so I am pretty much sorted doing it that way as I mainly use my iPad. None the less, I am curious if there is still an issue with my profile?

The one device I would like to sync which currently does not is my AppleTV.

Thank you. I’ll try this. Weird thing is it worked until Tuesday! I’ll be able to properly cross reference what exactly is missing and what is still appearing over the weekend.

The workouts.files deletion has had a moderate success rate for some Zwifters reporting this issue to Community Support. Unfortunately, we’re still unable to find the exact root cause for this issue.

@Michael_Nurick I’ll reach out to you and re-open our support ticket to see if there’s more information we can gather since we last worked on this.

Hi Rowdy. My workouts are still not syncing with my AppleTV. When I use my ‘test’ profile they sync perfectly. Has the issue with some profiles where custom workouts are not syncing not been addressed? I have installed the latest version of Zwift but still no luck. I am still looking forward to you reaching out to me. Many thanks.

I have this same issue, workouts load and run on MacOS, the don’t show on iOS devices (tried two iPads and iPhone). Workouts are working on two separate Macs, and syncing.
So Cloud sync to iOS devices is broken for me. Is there a fix for this?

Rowdy and the Zwift team have done a fantastic job to resolve this issue. This was fixed with one of the recent updates. Please make sure you are using the latest version of Zwift on all devices. If need be, you may need to delete any workouts including the workout.two file on your devices using itunes. Deleting the workouts.two file on your main device may also help. Log back in, log out then all should be synced and going forward you will not have any issues.

That worked for me.