Crash after update: "Unexpected Error" on Mac and reinstall didn't solve

Hi @Kish_Karu

Nope, mine’s not case sensitive.
File System Personality: APFS
Type (Bundle): apfs
Name (User Visible): APFS

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Shuji, great that you think you’ve found a fix, whens the next patch? Keen to stay with Zwift but need an alternative training solution if you are not able to solve in next days. Many thanks for updating

Bkool =/

Yeah, figures… Surely fixing this should be a simple matter of finding all instances of some substring of the filename mentioned in the entire relevant codebase and making sure they don’t occur anywhere anymore. Oh, and maybe rethink this whole QA thing.

(Hah, I still remember the problems I had with Polar FlowSync and downloading maps via a case-sensitive file system on a Mac. Had to symlink a directory from upper to lower case or vice versa during the download to avoid a file not found error when uploading the file into the device. Reported the bug to Polar and they of course never did anything about it.)

Same problem, I can’t start Zwift. :frowning:

Welcome to the club :frowning_face:

no news
no update
no way to try a rollback

well … or we change client or we change platform

Still no fix despite the fact the solution is in this thread? Dev code was shipped to production, plain and simply. None of the other “fixes” are relevant to this particular issue. This is nothing to do with APFS case sensitivity.

Are Zwift taking the summer off? Cancelling my subscription now.

This is the critical bit of info for your engineers:

[9:49:05] ASSERT: ““Accessory::ColorScheme::GetTextureHandle” && texture != INVALID_TEXTURE_HANDLE”, file= /Users/julius.hipolito/Perforce/jhipolito_macbook_builds_depot/Projects/ZwiftApp/CODE/Items/Accessory.cpp , line=19

The user directory shown above does not exist on our machines, it’s a Zwift staff member’s user path, which has been hard coded into the source code and shipped to production. When we open Zwift, It’s looking for its files in a user directory that only exists on that one person’s computer. Seems like a quick fix to me…

My invoice is in the post :rofl:

5 Likes

Yes. The folder not exists. It is real problem, but “file not found” in the log file is caused for case sensitive.

Log file has many errors.

I have this on windows 10 since last update…

1 Like

I’m having the same issue on both of my Win10 laptops. :expressionless:

3 Likes

For balance, no such problems on either my main Zwift PC or boggo laptop (both Windows). Might be worth trying a router reboot in case it’s a weird network issue.

Also, consider trying the old launcher.

1 Like

Folks - we’re still working on this bug. It did not ship in v 1.15.1 that went live today, but is being worked on in a subsequent release. I will update as info becomes available.

1 Like

Dave … where can we find the old launcher ?

In your PMs. :wink:

I get this on a Windows Build

[21:45:03] Streamer: StreamingFiles_ver_cur_Download_Callback - “Zwift_StreamingFiles_ver_cur.xml” download SUCCESS=0

[21:45:03] ASSERT: ““Streamer: ERROR: ImportStreamingFilesDB() - Loading streaming files db!” && bLoadedOK”, file=D:\Projects\ZwiftApp\CODE\Streamer.cpp

Obviously our friend Julius has checked in development code into a production release. Really bad support to be honest. The default response from them is, “your hardware is not up to speed”. Without even checking the logs. Nice to know my membership fees are paying for this pathetic service.

Update: I do not have a D:\Projects directory, i dont even have a D:\ partition so no idea where this is coming from.

1 Like

Another new build shipped today, somehow still has the hard coded dev project path in it. Mind boggling.

[22:51:20] ASSERT: “pForkModel && “ERROR: A BIKE IS MISSING A FORK MODEL””, file=/Users/julius.hipolito/Perforce/jhipolito_macbook_builds_depot/Projects/ZwiftApp/CODE/Items/BikeComponentConfig.cpp, line=352

Can I tell you about grep -R technology? And maybe even about not testing builds on anybody’s personal machine?

After the update today, mine fails like this:

[16:07:53] ERROR: [GFX]: GFX_CreateTextureFromTGAFile(UI/WhiteOrangeTheme/JerseyIcons/Zwift_RaceLeader_thumb.tga): failed
[16:07:54] ERROR: [GFX]: GFX_CreateTextureFromTGAFile(Humans/Jerseys/Charities/Movember2019Cycling101.tga): failed
[16:07:54] ERROR: [GFX]: GFX_CreateTextureFromTGAFile(UI/WhiteOrangeTheme/JerseyIcons/TealPink2020_thumb.tga): failed
[16:07:55] ERROR: [GFX]: GFX_CreateTextureFromTGAFile(Humans/Jerseys/Pro_Teams/Twenty242021.tgax): failed
[16:07:55] ERROR: [GFX]: GFX_CreateTextureFromTGAFile(UI/WhiteOrangeTheme/JerseyIcons/Twenty242021_thumb.tga): failed
[16:07:59] ERROR: [GFX]: GFX_CreateTextureFromTGAFile(Misc\defaultNormalMap_nogloss.tga): failed
[16:07:59] ERROR: [GFX]: GFX_CreateTextureFromTGAFile(Misc\defaultNormalMap.tga): failed
[16:07:59] ERROR: [GFX]: GFX_CreateTextureFromTGAFile(Bikes\Components\Cassette\Textures\CassetteDiffuse.tga): failed
[16:07:59] ERROR: [GFX]: GFX_CreateTextureFromTGAFile(Bikes\Wheels\Zipp_404_Firecrest\Textures\Zipp404_NML.tga): failed
[16:07:59] ERROR: [GFX]: GFX_CreateTextureFromTGAFile(Bikes\Components\Cassette\Textures\CassetteDiffuse.tga): failed
[16:07:59] ERROR: [GFX]: GFX_CreateTextureFromTGAFile(bikes/Frames/Scott_Foil/textures/MitcheltonScottFoil2020.tga): failed
[16:07:59] ASSERT: "pForkModel && "ERROR: A BIKE IS MISSING A FORK MODEL"", file=/Users/julius.hipolito/Perforce/jhipolito_macbook_builds_depot/Projects/ZwiftApp/CODE/Items/BikeComponentConfig.cpp, line=352
[16:08:05] NETCLIENT:[WARN] Error shutting down mDNS UDP socket [57] Socket is not connected

Pretty much the same as last week (including a similar /Users/julius.hipolito ASSERT error, except there’s a bunch of ERROR lines that were not there prior to this update.

Loading a bunch of assets with backslash (\) in the path. That’s wrong, as backslashes are only valid in Windows systems. Linux and MacOS uses forwardslash (/) for paths. This is even worse than last week!

1 Like

Maybe they should do builds on a proper CI server instead of Julius’ Mac Book, right?

2 Likes

You can pause your membership here for those waiting for the fix:

www . zwift . com / pause (can’t post URL but you get the idea)

1 Like