Crash after login (iOS and AppleTV) [November 2021] [1.19.0]

Here the same. Changed the language from dutch to english and it solved the problem.

Strange that Zwift couldn’t give such easy solution to his customers!

4 Likes

Thanks all! Changing the language of the Apple TV into German indeed solved the problem after 3,5 -long- days… :frowning:

1 Like

Changing language solved the issue for me too :ok_hand:.

Like usual the community fixes the problem and zwift can keep enjoying their weekend (literal comment I received from a zwiftemployee that you shouldn’t expect a fix in the weekend)

2 Likes

I found a ‘solution’ for this bug which allows you to login via the app on iOs-devices:

After launching the app, you don’t login but just change the language. Then you can login and the app won’t crash. You then close the app, relaunch it and change the language to your initial language. Login and enjoy your ride…
It worked for me! :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks Glenn!!!

It works!!

Changing the language from English to any other language works and you can log in. Next time you log in change back to English and it still works.

1 Like

So, you’re changing the language on the Apple TV, or in Zwift? Or both??

I changed language on Apple TV but still when launching Companions ap - power source connects and then the Companion drops and scree shows No Signal.

That is when trying to connect using an iPad. When using my iPhone - zero issues.

I changed language in zwift and could login. Afterwards I changed language back and still worked

1 Like

I’ve sent another email to their incompetent support service:

Hi,

It is a real disgrace that after almost 3 days the support ‘service’ still isn’t able to solve this problem and isn’t capable of giving us, Zwiftriders, a -temporary- solution for this issue…

Meanwhile, some of the users of Zwift including me, found a temporary(!) solution for this bug. I’ve posted it in the forum but I’m willing to write my post down in this email:

“I found a ‘solution’ for this bug which allows you to login via the app on iOs-devices:

After launching the app, you don’t login but just change the language. Then you can login and the app won’t crash. You then close the app, relaunch it and change the language to your initial language. Login and enjoy your ride…
It worked for me! :+1:

The least you can do now, is giving a compensation to all of the premium users, for your bad service: giving a free period, partial refund, etc…

Regards

3 Likes

Really wierd…. Just got it to work by changing the language from English to German :relaxed: Got in whitout crashes :man_shrugging:t3: Changed back language to English and all seems fine :relaxed:

2 Likes

Change Language and try again. Worked for me :man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Thanks all you guys. Change language really results. Thank You all being great to share.

1 Like

This language change thing is interesting. And, based solely on most folks indicating this issue seem to be in non-English speaking countries (at least as a native language), I wonder if Zwift is doing some sort of check of the user’s location against the ATV language. That would seem odd, of course, but so do a number of things Zwift does.

iphone 11 ios 15.1 … Crash After login

It’s working! Thx dude! :+1: (ATV 4K 2017, Hungary)

Thanks a lot for advice to delete app and change the language and then launch the app again and change language to initial again Z it works.

1. Force-closed Zwift.
  2. Changed ATV language to German.
  3. Started Zwift and then did a successful login.
  4. Changed back ATV language to Swedish.
  5. Started Zwift again.

Worked super duper for me too :slight_smile:

Happy days!

4 Likes

Thanks for the golden tip Allan. It worked for me as well :facepunch:

Will try this too!